Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Help with coming home function

Old 01-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Default Help with coming home function

Hi

Sounds like a silly question but please bare with me.

I have a 2007 Audi TT roadster with the standard halogen headlights. I am having the Genuine Audi xenons retrofitted soon along with the washers and the auto leveling . I also have the coming home light function, and this is what my question is about. . .

Now, when I unlock my car my dipped beam headlighs come on, i then open the door to get in, and they go off again, and then when i start the engine, they come on.

Now that is fine with halogens, but with xenons, thats not going to be good for the bulbs or ballasts is it?

So once i have the xenons fitted and the car is modified by VAG COME "xenons present" will this still happen?

My mum has a audi q7, with xenons and coming home fuction, when she unlocks the car, the fog lights come on, then once she gets in and starts it, then the xenons come on.

Will this be the same for my car once the work is done?

Thanks

George.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
3rd Gear

Not a clue..? I think most TT owners on here have older TTs without these features. I could be wrong, but I've never even heard of this.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
5th Gear

you're the first I know of with the coming home option. Also I think the first TT with halogen headlights I've heard of too. Don't think we're going to be much help to you.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

I have a VW EOS with Bi-Xenons, coming home function and DRL's. On mine the Xenons come on for about 5 secs when I hit unlock as well as lights beneath the outside mirrors. Those lights actually stay on longer than the Xenons. Also as DRL's they run on full power instead of the 80% others would run. So I guess it depends on your VAG com settings. I've read some people coded to have the fog lights come on as DRL's.