Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New TT Owner... Couple ?'s and Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:32 PM
1st Gear
Default New TT Owner... Couple ?'s and Advice Needed

Hi everyone, I've owned nothing but BMW's since I was 16 (I'm 23 now), but I just took the dive and bought my first Audi, a 2001 Audi TT Quattro Coupe 225 with 82k miles on it. So far I absolutely love the car, however there are a few issues with the car and I was hoping I could get some input on the basics:

-What are some of the best places to order parts for these cars?

-My speedo isn't working, but I did the trick on the climate control and it gives me my speed so I'm guessing the problem is in the cluster itself. The pixels are shot on the display screen as well, so where is the best place to have the cluster repaired? I've seen a lot of good things about Module Master, but I'd like to hear where y'all recommend for best service and best price.

-Are there any websites that have parts diagrams with the parts numbers like realoem does for BMW? Here's an example of what I'm talking about: RealOEM.com BMW E36 M3 Cylinder Head Vanos

- I know all about the timing belt issues, and I don't believe it has ever been changed on this car, so I need to do it ASAP. What are some good kits to take care of all problematic areas at one time?

- Are there any other good DIY repair/mod sites?

Thanks in advance for any input you have,
Drew

Old 08-23-2011, 04:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Answers

I live in KC so we are midwesterners owning these weird little cars that everyone comments on that they like it.

The Dash board deal i think is s dealer thing. You may look for a TSB that would get it fixed under warranty TSB. Not sure about this but have heard there is common problem with the dash electrical.

Timing Belt Kits - ECS Tuning - T/B, Metal Impeller not the plastic OEM that falls a part Water Pump, New Tensioner, Torque to yield bolts ( New bolts for the motor mount), Other belts, T-stat & new Idler roller. I also bought the lightened crank pulley which gave me a little boost in power. 329.00 With antifreeze and power steering fluid ( You have to dump some of both when you do this it was just under 400.00. I DIY'd the install for 0.00. This is a 1200.00 at an Independent shop or a dealer -1500.00 ---Here is a great DIY tutorial at -
Timing Belt replacement writeup with 61 pictures and 44 steps....>> - AudiWorld Forums

Parts sources -
Audi/ VW dealers
VW TDI timing belts, aluminum VW skid plates, VW short shift kits, VW G60 clutch, and Race Pipes by www.dieselgeek.com
www.ECS Tuning.com
MJM Autohaus
Bob Hindson Racing in Kansas City. Got my car flash there - APR 91 Octane
Madmax's Diverter is really great and worth 150.00. Must have after a flash. He is at Fourtitude | Audi - Lamborghini - SEAT - Auto Union, Audi Enthusiasts, Audi Forums (VWvortex.com is the same site)