Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Reseting Convertible Roof

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Reseting Convertible Roof

I have a 2008 TT Roadster with the electric roof.

Over the last couple of summers the roof has got itself stuck 1/3 of the way up.

This hasn't really bothered me because it is under warranty, the dealer is 1/2 a mile from my office and they give me a loaner (BTW the Q5 is a sweet ride). So far they have reset the sensors, and replaced the sensors, but it still has some issues.

It happened again this week and they checked everything out and said that they just had to reset the roof and it was all working, they kept it for a day to test it.

Anyway, the point of the post. The roof seems to get stuck, I let it down by letting the pressure out of the hydraulics, but then the roof won't move and the light is blinking on the dash that the roof has failed. Since they aren't replacing anything does anyone know if the reset procedure can be done without a service visit?

The car has 42000 miles on a 48000 mile warranty and I don't want to have to pay them each time the roof sticks once I've passed the magic mile.

Alternatively does anyone know the root cause of this problem so I can get the dealer to fix it for good before the warranty expires.

I looked through the forum and couldn't see a post about this, if I missed it I apologize and could you point me to it?

Thanks,

Gaz

Old 08-11-2011, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

Seems like an odd issue. I just went through a big ordeal the past few days when it rained here. I had a 1/4 slit where the rear window separated from the top and let water in. Ironically this is where the central locking system computer is (under the convertible top behind the seats). I had to pull the entire rear interior out and squeeze in there to pull the computer out to dry it out. I'm still having some issues with things not working its better. My whole point is check into looking for leaks or something of that nature that could be causing the system to short out. Good luck and let us know the outcome !