Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Is this a sensor? - Passenger door is closed but window wont complete close/custer says open.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default Is this a sensor? - Passenger door is closed but window wont complete close/custer says open.

Hey guys,

I haven't been on for awhile, took some time off and headed down to Jamaica! - Woot! - Back in cold and snowy SD.

Anyways my car started right up with no problems when I picked it up at the airport, everything worked normal. Still does with the exception of one thing.

The passenger door closes completely (Alteast appears to be) - Feels normal etc.
My cluster reads that it is open. - Which it is closed.
My window doesn't roll all the way up because it thinks its open.

How do I fix this?

Is this a sensor? - Does something need to be reset? Or is this just an Audi Gremlin that will go away in a few days?

Thanks alot guys!

~Chris

Old 01-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Default RE: Is this a sensor? - Passenger door is closed but window wont complete close/custer says open.

There is a switch in the latch that registers when the door is closed or open. Unfortunately unless you want to fabricate a way for a diff switch to take its place (Jeff Bipes did this) its a new latch that will be needed.

My driver's side door does this too but its the opposite. It never knows that it is open. Really no downside except the window doesn't drop ever and I can't turn the motion sensor off so I can't lock the door when the dogs are left in the car.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Is this a sensor? - Passenger door is closed but window wont complete close/custer says open.

Fuuuck. - How much is this new latch? Am I able to install it myself or am I going to have to take it to the sealership?

Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

I have the same problem too. I found this on AW.. Here
I asked my dealer If they can replace the latch they can but only way they fix it is with installing
entire latch assembly + labor= $600.
The latch assembly by itself is only $250

Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear

Doese anyone know where I can buy a used latch assembly? Or know where I can buy a generic one? - If anything could I buy the latch OEM from the dealer and have an indie shop install it?

Thanks guys,

~Chris

Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM

look into junk yards or email shokan.

its

Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM

its def a diy job if you're comfortable taking the door panel off.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

I'm hoping I can find an indie shop that can fix it for less than freaking $600 bucks. - Crap thats alot of money. - I dont understand how they can put in such a cheap *** part on such an expensive car and get away with it.

The Audi brand as a whole is a good car, but they love to use cheap *** parts for stupid ****. - I could understand if its not used often, but its a ******* door latch. - It should be designed to last for more than 8 years.

Grr. - Even my 2004 A8 has stupid little problems. grrr. - Thank god they look so beautiful or i'd have to hit someone.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 PM
2nd Gear

Is there a way to UN-program the window? - It doesn't close all the way because it thinks its open. - I've experianced times on the drivers side where the window doesn't drop down because it lost its program or something. - I know if I hold it down twice..etc it will then reporgram itself to pop down when I open the door. - Now on the passenger side it just stays poped down like the door is open. - Is there way to get it to pop up?

Old 01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

When did you find this out?
When you drive at night with your headlights on the door ajar buzzer will start to go off.

Quick Reply: Is this a sensor? - Passenger door is closed but window wont complete close/custer says open.