Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT 04: Power Drain Fuse 29

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Default TT 04: Power Drain Fuse 29

Audi TT 04 1.8 quattro
I really appreciate some feedback.
I've been having power drain in my TT. Mechanic did a test and narrow it down to fuse 29 which has to do with Motrotic Engine Control Module. The battery is dead in the morning if I don't disconnect it over night.

A quick background: Due to overheat, The car has head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, valve job and cooling fan's rally module replaced. After I got the car back, the power drain issue showed up. The mechanic who did all the work is guessing that's Alternator which other mechanic don't think so. I can't afford to have it diagnosed by dealership.

So the secondary (auxiliary) water pumps keep running long after the vehicle has been turned off and it makes a un-usuall noise (perhaps usual but louder) that I never heard from this car. Unplugging it overnight, does not prevent the battery from being dead in the morning.

The vehicle has made unusual load noise on several occasions (5 times when driving and then the car is idle). This noise seems to be coming from the area where the timing belt and other belts are. The noise is similar to plastics rubbing each other. (This has not happened anymore)

On two occasions, the vehicle made a very strong noise when idling. It sounded as air pressure releasing and a lot of white smog came out from the area somewhere below the battery.

The vehicle smokes excessively when driving after it has been idle for a while.

When car is on, I hear a loud air noise that decrease after I drive.

No light is on and computer doesn't show any codes.

Only issue that is bothering me is the power drain. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

How new is the battery?
Is it possible the battery is old/bad?

Old 02-13-2016, 08:29 PM
1st Gear

The battery is less than 1 yr old. It's been checked multiple times and it's good.

Originally Posted by randomid123
How new is the battery?
Is it possible the battery is old/bad?