Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Warning lights on Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM
1st Gear
Smile Warning lights on Dashboard

ESP light come on ( triangle with a circle around) have had self levelling sensor replaced a friend mechanic did it for me and he did not have diagnostic to clear the fault will I have to have this done for the light to stop coming on or if it is still on does it mean it wasnt the self levelling sensor all along? If it isn't that, what can it be as it isn't on all of the time?

Airbag light come on - is it highly likely just to be a sensor if so what cost is involved?

Any help would be appreciated

Old 04-10-2012, 10:49 AM
1st Gear

So another uncertainty from a car garage. I have got to the bottom of the airbag problem it is the airbag module. Unknow part number as yet due to delay on audi's part, hopefully be confirmed later on today and cost.

But the ESP light with the triangle inside the circle is causing me a great lot of grief, asked the garage what was up couldn't really tell me but said as I had the sensor replaced as told they have cleared the fault code. So I was very hopeful when I got in my car that everything would be fine until two seconds down the road the ESP light came on again!! This car is starting to have huge impact on my finances and there is constantly something going in with it,

For the record once I have sold this car I doubt I will EVER have another Audi

Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

i doubt its your airbag module. have someone with vag com scan it. most likely you put to much tension on the connector harness on one of your seats. simply fix would be a resistor to the pin of the harness plug. usually on the bottom of the seat or in your glove box. once resistored have a vag-com delete the airbag code.

for your ESP light heres a link wih small detail about the lights and system, seems like a steering angle sensor

The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - esp & abs light

audi certainly arent the best cars to own out of warranty, however if you enjoy it i would recommend getting a vag-com tool. very useful and costs the same as a diagnostic, but you can use it again and again to save money in future.