Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Window not opening on door open

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Window not opening on door open

So this issue comes up a lot I see, but not sure if the symptoms are the same:

the driver window does not slide down an inch when opening. However the interior lights still go on and off and the alarm will trigger (it wouldn't if the door was open). Ive found posts detailing the sensor but it normally mentions that the interior lights malfunction as well - Are there perhaps 2 different sensors?

I tried the memory reset trick but that failed - i did hear a slight clicking when doing the sequence - logically it seems that the car isn't aware door is opening - but then why do the interior lights and lock work without problem?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

If your car is a convertible, make sure that the light on the instrument panel for the top position is not lit. Sometimes I have to slightly bump the top-latch handle with the heal of my hand to get it to go out after raising the top and latching it.
The sensor in the door latch mechanism is basically a poorly designed limit switch that has a rubber tipped actuator that eventually wears out. I replaced mine with a $2.99 switch from Radio Shack and a homemade switch mounting bracket.
However, if your interior lights and key-in-ignition buzzer function correctly, as you've reported, then the door latch sensor must be OK.