Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Window wont drop when opening door?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Window wont drop when opening door?

Ok, I am trying to figure a few things out on the TT. On the passenger door, when I open it up, the window will not do the "normal" drop of about a 1/4inch.........so when I shut the door, the window wont seal up.

I read through my bentley book and I cant find anything on the sensor or whatever it is that makes the window drop. Can anyone give me insight to this? Where or what should I do to try and get the window to drop like it should?

Thanks again for the help............like I said, I am trying to figure out and fix a few issues on my TT.

Chans

Old 11-30-2008, 01:34 PM
5th Gear

switch/sensor is in the door latch assembly. mine doesnt work either, but if i move the latch by hand, it'll get the window to activate.

never bothered to fix it, dunno if it can be adjusted/cleaned, or if something needs replacing.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:48 PM
2nd Gear

Yes it can be fixed... JustJeff on AW was the first to document it... Link Here

Old 11-30-2008, 03:17 PM
5th Gear

thanks for the link. looks like another project for the spring.

sorta skimmed down thru it..

'This one will out-last the car I suspect.'

sad truth.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

this happend with ours but what fixed it was tightening the latch assempbly for the conv top, somehow that latch triggers it. but ours wasnt from opening and closing now that i think about it, it was when we put the top back up the windows would not go up that 1/4 inch or whaterver to seal.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 AM
1st Gear

Hi All,

It appears that I have similar problem, where the driver side window does not drop down by 5mm when the door is opened. At first this problem was intermittent, however now it simply never drops when the door is open. My local Audi dealer wants £100+vat in order to investigate the problem (do they not know there is a credit crunch!). However I am pretty certain it must be the micro switch in the handle assembly. Have been told that the switch can not be sold separately, as it comes as part of the assembly and costs £80. I noticed that Steve's instructions shows how to replace this switch, however what is the exact spec of the switch as I will try and sourced independently from rip off Audi? I would very much appreciate any advice.

Regards Chris

Old 12-16-2008, 04:43 PM
4th Gear

you could always take apart your assembly, and take out the switch then go to audi or a parts store and look for a similar switch... as you can see, it doesnt have to be an exact match and seemingly and ole switch would work

Old 12-17-2008, 04:09 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for your advice theTTkid, however how easy is it to get to the assembly and take out the switch? Do you have to strip down the whole interior door?

Old 12-17-2008, 06:15 AM
4th Gear

na shouldnt be too bad... im sure it must just be a few screws and bolts here and there, though im not 100% sure... things on these cars seem harder than they actually are.

you may be able to get some luck on google for a diy to take it apart, or, it couldnt hurt to call up the local dealer and ask them if they have any tips or a "how to" page they could print you out

Old 12-17-2008, 11:30 PM
2nd Gear

You should be able to find the Microswitch at an electronics store such as Radio Shack or here

Quick Reply: Window wont drop when opening door?