B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

1998 mods and supercharger questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 05:48 AM
Default 1998 mods and supercharger questions!!!

Hello everyone this is my first post because i recently got a 1998 a4 in great condition, and am looking to make some performance upgrades. To me it seems to be that most talk about improving the performance on a 2.8 is to get a supercharger if you want real results, but i am wandering what other options are out there to get some more power. I allready have H&R coilovers which ride great, so i guess i am looking to increase my power and torque. tell me what you guys think i should do, or if i should just wait till i can buy supercharger(if that is the best route should i go with the pes g2 kit?). Thanks.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear

but i am wandering what other options are out there to get some more power
none.

search function is right here https://www.audiforums.com/forum/search.php

use it next time. or read the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:32 PM

How does this helpme with my questions ???

Old 06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
3rd Gear

all of your questions have been answered many times before. next time you should take a few minutes and look for the answers before you ask.

to answer your questions directly- you can get an exhaust system for $500-1000 for an extra 10-20 horsepower. you can get upgraded software for $275 from speedtuning for another 10-20 hp. other then the supercharger those are the only upgrades available to you that add any sort of power.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear

It helps with your questions because everything you asked about is covered in the newbie guide sticky. You're guaranteed to catch a big steaming pile from about 90% of the people on here if you don't at least make a small attempt to use the search feature or read those stickies before asking a question pertaining to anything related to your car, be it upgrades or maintenance or if something is making an odd sound that you can't for sure figure out but have a hint of a thought of what it might be. Ghost, myself and others who tell you to use the search do so because these very same questions have been asked, covered, and asked again several dozens of times in the past and it becomes annoying to have to repeatedly answer the same question over and over again, it's not because we're a rude bunch, we just expect people to use some degree of common sense and not continuously call on us to do all the research for each individual's problems.

Having said that, ghost is telling the truth that there are virtually no bolt on, cheap, easy mods that you can do for extra power from a 2.8. I would know, I have one. Outside the supercharger kit and a high performance exhaust setup, your only other option for a small power gain is an ECU chip. Anything else to gain power will be unpleasantly expensive unless you're a mechanic and have access to or good hookups with a machine shop, lots of time, and lots of money doubly-so.

Lastly, welcome to the forum and to the brand. Treat your car right and she'll last you for a while. Again, use the search feature for all of your questions and if you can't find an answer in the archives THEN ask us, and we'll be happy to make an attempt to help

Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 AM

Thanks i tried using it but nothing came up i tiped all different variations of keywords and maybe it wasnt working for me but thanks for the info thats kind of shitty that there is no real bolt on power options.
Hope its not bad to ask, but what do you plan on doing to yours?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Administrator

Like said, there aren't much to do to a 2.8 other than basic bolt on such as exhaust and CAI. If you're crazy enough, supercharger is the way to go!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:16 AM
1st Gear

Depending how much power you are looking for, sell your 2.8 and get a 1.8T or an S4. Many more options to increase power with those engines.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:20 AM
3rd Gear

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...205|240%3A1318

win that, get it to work, tell us about it. I've seen someone put an S4 manifold (not sure how different they are than RS4) on their 2.8 (12v) and said they noticed an increase.

Last edited by aledelic42; 06-09-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 AM

Mate the RS4 manifold is for a V8 and the 2.8 is a V6 so not a chance in hell that fitting unless he drops in a V8 in to his bay. duh

Quick Reply: 1998 mods and supercharger questions!!!