B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

2001 Audi A4 1.8T Climate control not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 12:27 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Climate control not working

Hi everyone,

I recently purchase a 2001 Audi A4. From day one there was problems, the head gasket was blown on it and in the process of replacing the gasket I discovered the original owner had changed the engine before and instead of replacing it with the same engine code AWM, they replaced it with AEB engine code, therefore, lots of stuff do not match up correctly with the two engine. For example the cam shaft chain tensioner with sensor, oil level sensor and cam sensor are parts i had to seek to get the check engine light off...still in the process, oil level sensor is my next mission. BUT the thing that puzzles me the most is the climate control unit, there is no power at all to the unit, the radio works fine except the climate control unit. I went out and bought a new one but still no power to the unit. I tested the fuse and power to unit with a tester and there is power but the unit still does not turn the blower or anything related to it on, no lights either. Can somene offer some advice? is there a separate computer that runs the climate control unit? Anyone experience that issue before? any help is appreciated.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear

If you have a scanner, does it indicate a RELAY that is blown? If not, it may be the relay. I think the they call it relay plate '30'.

Here's a diagram and a flow chart that may be of use to you, it's for the S4 but a lot of things are identical:

http://www.dj-sures.com/GraphicFiles...ateControl.pdf

Old 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

The fuse is good. Not sure which one is the relay and the scanner doesn't indicate a blown relay. I bought a used unit and the same problem is there, The panel lights on the unit lights up when i turn the headlight on but nothing else works on the unit. I tested the wires and there is power going to the unit. Another strange thing, the heated seats doesn't work either and i believe they are on a different circuit. Not sure where to go from here. Unless there is a diagram with info on the wires at the back of the unit. Any help or suggestions?

Old 01-12-2014, 02:28 PM
2nd Gear

Check your fuses again. I think it's fuse #25, but check them all to be sure. Also, is it the factory radio that's in the car or an aftermarket radio?

What scan tool/software are you using? If the climate control is not powering up, scanner won't read it anyway.

Random question, have you tried pushing every button on the climate control unit to try and power it on?

Check the plug that goes to the climate control unit, see if any connections look bad, corroded or loose on the plug

Old 01-19-2014, 06:58 PM
1st Gear

Thanks much, after carefully checking, this time, all the fuse i discovered that one was faulty along with the "370" relay. after changing them it WORKED thanks Marky!

Old 01-01-2015, 03:10 AM
1st Gear
Default I have the same problem I think.

I replaced relay 370. No dice

Last edited by Zummie; 01-01-2015 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Problem was already solved
Old 03-07-2017, 11:59 AM
1st Gear

Resurrecting this thread from the dead...

Where exactly was the faulty relay located? I've searched and searched but can't find it...

Thanks.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:50 AM
1st Gear

where are these relays located in a 08 A4 , ?? im have no power issues to the ac control and all fuses are good,, help,,,its hot here in florida lol