B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Free Repair Manual Download

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Default RE: Free Repair Manual Download

^+1...that's why this site is here...lol

without this forum, my car would not even run...lol

Old 04-01-2008, 06:18 PM

I'll Try, but I dont know the name of parts in English, in 4 months, I learn no much about parts name.

In my car, I have oil problems, I dont know who I start looking for some.

My car I change the HeadLigths(This I learn), But Depo HeadLigths are very bad option, The Ligth of AirBag start up, I I discover that the problem is a part who calls "ClockSpring".

See I despend so much time to learn what is the problem or the name of the part, if I have an digital Repair Manual, It will very fast to lock what could be, and translate in specific software.

I have a idea, every problem I have I take a pic to show first to all here, maybe it work.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm make believe

pics are the best option.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:26 PM

photos will be very helpful

are you loosing oil?...wipre all the oil from the motor, and keep an eye on any new oil leaks....

si necesitas, yo se como hablar un poquito de espanol, pero no se los nombres de los partes en espanol....

if you can post up some pics...

I have depo's and I love them....everyone who has a B5 has their airbag light on....

pictures will be the best way to try and solve your problems...

Old 04-01-2008, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

photos will be very helpful

are you loosing oil?...wipre all the oil from the motor, and keep an eye on any new oil leaks....

si necesitas, yo se como hablar un poquito de espanol, pero no se los nombres de los partes en espanol....

if you can post up some pics...

I have depo's and I love them....everyone who has a B5 has their airbag light on....

pictures will be the best way to try and solve your problems...
Well Spanish is more easy, but let me try more in english, I see today that I am very rusted in this language.

About Oil, well, it dont still leak, but in the Left side, who normaly in the 2000 A4 have Fog Ligths cames from up an flex pipe who is conected an hard pipe in this place and make some curves and just go back up, in this connection have some problems with Oil leak, but not so much, only a big Oil smell.

The HeadLigths have some prodution problem, Our streets are maded with little rocks and this make me crazy, because the ligth trembles, its very flat driving so.

What you people do to adjust the airBag Ligths, I dont wanna turn the ligth off removing the lamp, I wanna have the AirBag Operational, but found informations about or buy an new ClockSpring, is an hard work.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:58 PM

sounds like you have a small oil leak thats dripping somewhere on the exhaust, maybe from the valve cover onto the exhaust manifold...

airbag lights come-on for alot of different reasons...usually it is because of the connector under the driver's seat comes loose...most people use a zip-tie to hold the connector together, then you have to re-set the code using a vag-com

I don't really understand the headlight question, is the headlight bouncing around?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

sounds like you have a small oil leak thats dripping somewhere on the exhaust, maybe from the valve cover onto the exhaust manifold...

airbag lights come-on for alot of different reasons...usually it is because of the connector under the driver's seat comes loose...most people use a zip-tie to hold the connector together, then you have to re-set the code using a vag-com

I don't really understand the headlight question, is the headlight bouncing around?
Bingo, bouncing around is the correct term to use, the outside is realy fixed, but internal is a bit untied, and wan I drive the ligth Bouce around, is very disconfortable.

I realy dont knows that the AirBag have an sensor under Driver seat, we pass the Scanner an that says the ClockSpring is with problems, but I will look under seat and see this sensor.

About the Oil, I will first try to eliminate this leak, and test if the smell goes or not.

A pic of my A4 with the headlights, you can see the roads, in city is all with them rocks.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:53 PM

I got mine A4 manual here

http://www.kusoz.com/auto-repair-man...anual-pdf.html

Hope it helps!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:52 PM
3rd Gear

necrothread....

but we now have this...
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=109459
clicky the first link.