B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Key-less entry window trick?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 AM
1st Gear
Default Key-less entry window trick?

I read somewhere that it is possible to do the window trick where all the windows roll down and the sunroof opens by holding down one of the buttons.
Is this true?
Or do i have to turn the key and hold it there if i wanna do it?

Old 08-02-2010, 03:14 AM
2nd Gear

you have to program it was a vag-com,i'm gonna do that,once my vag-com arrives from hong kong,then pay 99.00 for the full version from ross-tech,so i can get all the features.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

Alright sweet!
Thanks.
Ill have to get that when i get some money to blow.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:22 AM
2nd Gear

I ordered mine from this seller in hong kong,dirt cheap only thing thats expensive is full version of the software.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Old 08-02-2010, 03:27 AM
1st Gear

Oh man!
Thats awesome!
Thank you.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:46 AM

Check under "35-Central Locks":
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html

Or here:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...remote-windows

Keep in mind that you cannot open the sunroof remotely, only close it.

EDIT: Even better:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec13.shtml

Last edited by MetalMan; 08-02-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Just as a side note, the unlocked version of VagCom isn't essential. Us upstate NY guys do a LOT of work on these cars and so far the free version has carried us through everything, including the window coding. I'm still going to buy the full version, as I know it'll be needed sooner or later, but if you are just doing typical diagnostics, checking and clearing CELs, ABS lights, and airbag warnings and such, the freeware will do all you need and won't cost you anything other than the cable.

BTW, please fill in your location info through the User CP - it may pay
off for you or someone else in the future in trying to get an assist with a car project or problem, or with another local AFer wanting to hang out.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Just as a side note, the unlocked version of VagCom isn't essential. Us upstate NY guys do a LOT of work on these cars and so far the free version has carried us through everything, including the window coding. I'm still going to buy the full version, as I know it'll be needed sooner or later, but if you are just doing typical diagnostics, checking and clearing CELs, ABS lights, and airbag warnings and such, the freeware will do all you need and won't cost you anything other than the cable.

BTW, please fill in your location info through the User CP - it may pay
off for you or someone else in the future in trying to get an assist with a car project or problem, or with another local AFer wanting to hang out.
What features are unlocked,when you purchase the full version of the ross-tech software for my OBD2 vag-com? can i view codes in detail,with the locked version of the vag-com software by ross-tech? or i have to get the full version for 99.00 so i won't just get general codes,where i have to look up the codes online,instead of reading them off my laptop computer?

Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Administrator

You'll get full definitions with the shareware version. It's the more advanced features like HVAC diagnostics that won't fully work. I'm not positive (never tried) but you may need the full version to datalog your sensors on the move. I'm not completely sure of all the differences but i'd say get the free version and explore it. It'll likely be fine. You may end up with an issue that requires the full version at some point but most likely you'll pretty much be fine.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
You'll get full definitions with the shareware version. It's the more advanced features like HVAC diagnostics that won't fully work. I'm not positive (never tried) but you may need the full version to datalog your sensors on the move. I'm not completely sure of all the differences but i'd say get the free version and explore it. It'll likely be fine. You may end up with an issue that requires the full version at some point but most likely you'll pretty much be fine.
That's good news,i can use that 99.00 towards something more useful. what other tricks can i do with my windows,sunroof,horn,lights? other than,what was posted? or is that all?

Last edited by morpheous; 08-05-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Key-less entry window trick?