B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

lug stud conversion kit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default lug stud conversion kit...

Ok, I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of these damn lug bolts that I have to fight with every time I do any work that requires me to remove my wheels. I need standard lugs. I've been looking around for a reasonable price, but the only place I've found them is the dreaded ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/14x1-...spagenameZWDVW

Has anyone purchased this kit? Any recommendations on other sources I might find these?

Yes, I did search. No, I didn't find anything other than dead threads with no answers.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Site Moderator

What?! Lug bolts ftw!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
SoCal Crew Member

nah man. no way. lug bolts are a giant pain. the last thing I want to do after fighting with bolts and nuts tightened by pneumatic tools is to fight to balance my wheel and thread those damn lug bolts in. that is a hassle I never want to deal with again.

back to my question: does anyone have any recommendations other than this ebay crap? help out a frustrated DIYer...

Last edited by love the booB5; 08-07-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Site Moderator

I don't think it bothers most people as much as you, because I havent seen anyone talking about lug conversions, ever. Doesn't mean you won't get an answer though

After you do it several times, you should get used to the process and think nothing of it. It's never been so bad that I'd consider a conversion though!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
3rd Gear

Wow. I definitely agree with onepoint8tee.

You can find conversion kits, just gotta search. I just saw them on a website, but I can't remember where...

Old 08-07-2008, 11:28 PM
3rd Gear

Yah I dunno I looked for kits a while back the prices scared me though.
I never minded until i lost the black plastic wheel alignment thing now my rotors spin and I miss the holes on occasions. to stuborn to buy a new one though

Old 08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
5th Gear

yes there is a conversion kit. i think mike-dth posted about it one time. i have wheels that aren't hubcentric but it's really not hard to put them on. just thread on bolt on first and then turn the wheel to match up the other ones. the stock wheels are a piece of cake. just slap them on and match up the holes lol. sitting on the ground and using your knees to hold the wheel will help too.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:06 AM

I never really have had a problem with this. In the oem tool kit in the trunk there is a little tool that you screw into the wheel bolt hole and it keeps the rotor and everything lined up perfectly

Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Yeah I don't think I have that. I haven't seen or heard of a "black plastic wheel alignment thing" either. I can't get everything lined up properly on the first shot. I really think most of my frustration come from having to break loose every single bolt I touch for the first time. I'll figure something out I guess.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 AM
3rd Gear

If your used to vag cars its normal but if this is your first audi VW it takes time to get used to lol. youve been spoiled with those lug nuts and wheels that just slide on and hold themselves

Quick Reply: lug stud conversion kit...