B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

So I might be out....

Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 AM
1st Gear
Default So I might be out....

I am negotiating a trade for a different vehicle..... I get so bored with cars. I want a 4 wheel drive that I can take off-road, but fit my whole family in (I have 3 kids, 2 are in car seats), and daily drive. Right now, I can't fit everyone in my car so we always drive my wifes car (which I hate) when we all have to go somewhere.... sooooo, I found a 2000 Toyota 4Runner with a 4" lift and 33" tires. After many emails back and forth with the owner, it's time to meet and drive the cars and finish up negotiations. I hope it all works out!!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Lol I hope it doesn't. Then you can go find an Allroad and lift that instead

Old 09-18-2010, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

Allroads are sweet..... those guys don't want to trade for an A4 though!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Alright... still in Audi world, for now. I went to look at the 4runner yesterday and it was pretty beat.... photographs surprisingly well though. It may have a higher "bluebook", but needing tires and having the rear diff leak doesn't make it worth trading... not to mention that the interior was in really bad shape and there were wires all over and spliced and electrical tape, etc.

We met in a parking lot and as soon as I started looking around I noticed there were drops under the rear diff and the housing was very wet on the whole bottom half.... he got there about 2 minutes before me and there was already a few drops on the ground. I said "your rear diff is leaking, you should have that fixed", he said "yeah, it sucked up water and it's just the water and a little oil that is leaking out of it now, it's an easy re-seal".

Wait, What??? Water in your differential? No thanks!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

How about a Jeep? I love my Grand Cherokee, easy to work on, parts are super cheap, and 5x more aftermarket for Jeeps then Audi's. Not to mention people won't laugh at you offroad like they may in a toyota (search rausch creek offroad videos)

Water in the diff? It's possible when going through deep water crossings. I'v done it and you need to change the fluid pretty soon. Either way it should never be leaking out.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I like the Grand Cherokees too... they are a lot more comfortable than the 4runners as well. I have been looking at those, just not sure what year(s) I like best and which motor is right for me. There's a few of them on the local craigslist that have good suspension work and look like they're in good condition, not sure about the mileage though... how do they do when they're above 140k? What year / mileage do you have?

Old 09-20-2010, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

I like this one a lot, but the miles are really high..... I don't know how I would feel about 200k miles...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1956444651.html

Old 09-20-2010, 05:52 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

toyota rav4?

Old 09-21-2010, 05:11 AM
1st Gear

Eh, Ive had a bunch of friends with chrerokees and they seem to like em. Not that hard to work on and the parts are fairly easily available.

I cant seem to sell my car either though. And since I need cash trades are out of the question. Nobody in sac wants an audi.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Desert Fox
Eh, Ive had a bunch of friends with chrerokees and they seem to like em. Not that hard to work on and the parts are fairly easily available.

I cant seem to sell my car either though. And since I need cash trades are out of the question. Nobody in sac wants an audi.
I am still shocked that you haven't sold your car.....
I am definitely not in any need to sell my car or to get rid of it, I just like to see what is available for trade. I am sure that I am not the only one that gets bored with their cars and wants to try out something different.

There are a lot of Cherokees and Grand Cherokees available out there, and the parts are easy to come by... we'll see if any are worth trading for. I had an offer for a 2000 Grand Cherokee, but it just didn't feel like the right deal and he wasn't excited about owning an Audi - he just wanted something smaller...... I don't want my car going to someone that won't appreciate it, I'd rather keep it

People in Sac just don't know.... you drive up the hill into Tahoe and every 3rd car you see is an Audi!

Search this Thread