B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Transmission fluid pump.. tranny rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 02:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Transmission fluid pump.. tranny rebuild

my car hasn't really moved (besides me pushing it) for nearly a month now and i figure its time to take care of it. the transmission fluid pump is toast and im assuming the torque converter went with it. now i dont know **** about transmissions - ive learned everything i know so far from my audi and its associated repairs with help from DIYs and this forum - so i found a local shop that will charge me $800 for labor if i bring them the parts.. and ive got my eye on a couple used trans - one from meloman here on the forum and one locally with quite a few miles on it.

question is:
will the shop have everything they need if i bring them a used tranny - assuming that everything goes as it should? or are there other connecting parts between the engine and transmission that i should consider?

any other advice?

thanks

Old 07-23-2011, 03:14 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Lornnn
my car hasn't really moved (besides me pushing it) for nearly a month now and i figure its time to take care of it. the transmission fluid pump is toast and im assuming the torque converter went with it. now i dont know **** about transmissions - ive learned everything i know so far from my audi and its associated repairs with help from DIYs and this forum - so i found a local shop that will charge me $800 for labor if i bring them the parts.. and ive got my eye on a couple used trans - one from meloman here on the forum and one locally with quite a few miles on it.

question is:
will the shop have everything they need if i bring them a used tranny - assuming that everything goes as it should? or are there other connecting parts between the engine and transmission that i should consider?

any other advice?

thanks
they will probably need to order parts like seals and everything i would try to buy all the parts that the transmssion shop will need from ecs maby if you call them and ask they can tell you what you will need