B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

2003 A4 Power Seat Height Adjustment Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

I had the same issue with an A4 for my son. Here is a quick fix just to adjust the seat to the height you need. Put the back of the seat all the way down so it hits against the back seat until it pushes had against the back seat bottom. then move the seat using the raise seat switch. The seat will go up a bit and then it will stop. push the seat back more on to the back seat bottom. repeat this process until you have the seat at the height you need. put the seat back to where you want it. obviously the seat up and down will again not be functioning but at least you have it at your height.

to make it go down you could try and push seat back up against your hand and then try the switch down button (process in reverse).

Hope this helps someone.

Raj

Old 07-19-2016, 12:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Power seat height adjustment problem audi tt 2008

I am having a problem with the Power Seat Height Adjustment (drivers side) on my 2008 Audi TT Roadster. All other functions work. I hear a slight clunk when I push the button, but the seat does not engage. Called the dealer and they quoted $618 for the motor and another 3.5-4 hours for labour.

Is there anyone out there that knows of a more economical fix?
Can I somehow raise the seat manually to the proper level?

Old 08-23-2016, 01:09 AM

Hey there, were you able to fix it? I have the same problem with my Audi TT 2009.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:11 AM

Hey anyone found a way to fix it? A have the same issue with my Audi TT 2009. Please help

Old 08-25-2016, 06:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jewell Negin Farshad
Hey anyone found a way to fix it? A have the same issue with my Audi TT 2009. Please help
No. Not yet. Kind of put it on the back burner since the dealer said it would cost over $1200 everything included to get fixed.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Problem Solved

Hi guys, new to the forum but been an Audi owner a couple of years.

latest addition is a B6 S4 - absolutely love it. One issue that it had when I picked it up about a month or so ago was that the electric height adjustment didn't work - you could hear the motor going but nothing happened (exactly the same as others on this thread).

What has been said about something snapping is correct, but in my case I didn't have to buy a new motor or anything.

I removed the seat from the car then took the motor away from the gear mechanism and straight away saw that it was the spindle / rod that joined the motor to the gear assembly had snapped (probably some time ago).

I fashioned a new one using.a small section from a hex / Allen key, reinstalled the motor and presto!

The seat works perfectly and it didn't cost me anything 👍

I'll and upload a few pictures, hopefully this might help someone else out 😊

Old 04-12-2017, 07:12 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys. Same problem with my '08 A4 drivers seat. Motor hums like it's trying to work but no rear height adjustment (front motor/adjustment works fine). Have taken the seat out and removed the rear motor. The spindle/rod/shaft that joins the motor to the gear doesn't appear to be broken. Anyone know how to manually adjust? Thanks!

Old 03-03-2018, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

There is a good link to how to fashion your own replacement part for the seat mechanism here

i have same problem with 2007 A4 B7 cabriolet. Seat motor makes the noise but wont go up or down. I removed it and tested it and it works and is turning fine. I compared it to passenger side and nothing looks wrong , I even replaced the drivers and passengers shaft that drives the gear from the motor but still not working.
Not sure if i should bother trying to craft a new one

Is there any way the seat mechanism itself could be seized or too tight etc? could it be that simple ?

Old 03-03-2018, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

quick update, i tried new start and it did not fix the problem. When i turn the screw in the mechanism nothing happens.

IS there any home fix to adjust the height manually ?

Old 03-04-2018, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

hughm: after my experience (see my 4/12/17 post) I doubt the seat mechanism is seized. My guess is the wheel that turns the gears is stripped like mine was. Attached is a pic of the housing that holds the worm gear and wheel. Notice the flat spot on the plastic wheel. I got lucky and found a new housing on eBay, but I learned through the process you can buy that wheel by itself.

Re your question of manually adjusting the height, I was able to do so ONLY after the gear was removed. However, I had to drill a hole and insert a strong metal pin to hold the seat up until I was able to finish the job.

Attached Thumbnails 2003 A4 Power Seat Height Adjustment Problem-audi-seat-motor.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2003 A4 Power Seat Height Adjustment Problem