B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Blacked out audi badges and ovals

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:05 AM
1st Gear
Default Blacked out audi badges and ovals

I've seen the DIY blacked out grill, but i have yet to see someone also paint the audi ovals. I have the charcoal/grey 04 a4 and am thinking about blacking out all the chrome. I'm talking about headlights (seen guide), Grill (seen guide), side blinkers, and the chrome emblems and numbers in the back along with the audi ovals. How should I go about taking the side blinkers off, painting them, and putting them back on? What about the all the badges in the back?
if you know of any pictures, that would be great!
Thanks
Cameron

Old 09-26-2008, 12:48 AM

I just have the rings painted black on mine. Body shop painted them when they worked on my bumper. Not sure if thats what you wanted.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

yeah that actually looks really good. Do you know if they took it off to paint it? and if they did how did they get it back on?
How much was it to get the lower trim painted all the way around?
Thanks

Old 09-26-2008, 01:05 AM

They take the rings off and re apply them with double sided tape. As far as price on painting lower moldings, im not sure thats the way i got the car.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 AM
1st Gear

That what thought, cutting it to perfectly fit the rings is going to be a pain. What about your side signals? What'd you do with those?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 PM

Ok so I want to know if you can "smoke the side turn signals? Also you mentioned the chrome in the headlights. Is there a way to do that without getting a whole new headlight assembly? If so why do they make the clear corner mod so hard without taking the thing apart? Oh yah and I was surfing youtube for audi stuff and came upon this great easy diy on removing emblems! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBbP1ul_vCY

Old 09-29-2008, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by ConroeA4
I've seen the DIY blacked out grill, but i have yet to see someone also paint the audi ovals. I have the charcoal/grey 04 a4 and am thinking about blacking out all the chrome. I'm talking about headlights (seen guide), Grill (seen guide), side blinkers, and the chrome emblems and numbers in the back along with the audi ovals. How should I go about taking the side blinkers off, painting them, and putting them back on? What about the all the badges in the back?
if you know of any pictures, that would be great!
Thanks
Cameron
ive done basically everything you've listed. the grill and rings are really easy to do, all you need is a flathead and your choice of paint. i used some i got at a hardware store ment to paint plastic so i didnt have to sand. it went real smooth, just popped everything off with the flathead and then sprayed them. the side markers were also pretty easy, i used the same paint and took them out and painted them really light so the light still shown through, and the back emblems were a little more difficult but still easy. i just used a blow dryer like i did when i debadged the car and then painted them and then used some special glue i had at my house and just glued it back on, pretty simple. hope this helps