B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics

Old 10-01-2010, 12:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics

Well I finally took the old comfort module out today which was located in front of the Driver seat under carpet..if you move seat all the way back you can access if without too much trouble. This one was waterlogged, terrible condition. I ordered a used one and am certain this will solve some of my issues. I attached some pics to show how bad this thing really is.

Attached Thumbnails Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics-comfortmod2.jpg   Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics-comfortmod.jpg   Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics-img_0416.jpg  
Old 10-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Site Moderator

Thats definately a corroded module if i've ever seen one. I would check your TCM which is in front of the passenger's seat for water there as well and try and dry it out if there is any moisture.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:16 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by auditech79
Thats definately a corroded module if i've ever seen one. I would check your TCM which is in front of the passenger's seat for water there as well and try and dry it out if there is any moisture.
Geez, I hope there are no problems there. I thought that the shifting acted kind of sluggish a time or two, but no fault codes far as I know. I will check again and take a look at the module if I have any codes at all. thanks for the advice

Old 10-25-2010, 04:51 PM
1st Gear
Talking

LOL I think I have that one beat...

Attached Thumbnails Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics-image_059.jpg  
Old 10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by okeefe4787
LOL I think I have that one beat...
Did you find you a suitable replacement? Let me know if you have not and I will send you some places you can probably get one for a very reasonable price. Say 100-125 shipped

Old 10-27-2010, 11:56 AM
4th Gear

yikes where was the water coming from?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:40 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by immusicman
Did you find you a suitable replacement? Let me know if you have not and I will send you some places you can probably get one for a very reasonable price. Say 100-125 shipped
Yes thank you, I found one on EBay for $225 + Shipping. I wish I posted on here first but I was anxious to get one ASAP. I had already been driving my Wife's car for a week and she wanted it back. Next time I will...

Originally Posted by pa4ul
yikes where was the water coming from?
I had my wiper assembly out and unknown to me the center bolt hole goes right through to the passenger cabin! We got a pretty big downpour and the drainplug in the well on the engine side of the firewall was blocked. So the well filled up to the level of that bolt hole and poured in. I came out to my car to go to work and had about three inches of water in the driver's side foot well.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
4th Gear

good to know thanks. Gl

Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Default How did you remove the carpet?

"Well I finally took the old comfort module out today which was located in front of the Driver seat under carpet..if you move seat all the way back you can access if without too much trouble. This one was waterlogged, terrible condition. I ordered a used one and am certain this will solve some of my issues. I attached some pics to show how bad this thing really is."

How did you exactly remove the carpet? Even if i move the seat back, I don't see how I can remove it...

Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by okeefe4787
Yes thank you, I found one on EBay for $225 + Shipping. I wish I posted on here first but I was anxious to get one ASAP. I had already been driving my Wife's car for a week and she wanted it back. Next time I will...

I had my wiper assembly out and unknown to me the center bolt hole goes right through to the passenger cabin! We got a pretty big downpour and the drainplug in the well on the engine side of the firewall was blocked. So the well filled up to the level of that bolt hole and poured in. I came out to my car to go to work and had about three inches of water in the driver's side foot well.
Hey bud, don't mean to hijack the thread, but you have a pic of where the water was coming in? My passenger side footwell fills up with water when it rains hard and I can't find a trail of where it's coming from.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics