B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Door lock problem...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:19 PM

I successfully cleaned the commutator and brushes on two of these motors Left Rear and Right front door lock modules. This fixed the problem. I had previously replaced the other two at a total cost of right rear (400 at an independent) left front (190 new module from parts geek). Total cost of the two I just did? ZERO! Hope these last for another 10 years. What a stupid implementation using these motors. One goes bad, OK I can accept that if it is a fluke but all 4 on my car have failed.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:09 AM
Default Same problem-same temporary solution. Any news?

Originally Posted by tgrichards
I don't know if this will help, but here goes: I have a similar problem, but with the passenger door. It doesn't lock with the key fob. And, on that door I found a little rubber cap with a lock symbol and a slot for removal of the cap. When removed, under the cap is a cream colored plastic piece with an identical slot for insertion of the key, and this plastic piece turns 180 degrees. When I manually (with the key) rotate it 180 degrees clockwise, reinstall the rubber cap, close the door and lock the car with the fob; voila, it all works...until the next time. And the next time I lock the car with the fob the door doesn't lock. Pretty annoying....and where do I go from here?

Maybe just information you can't use; but maybe useful as well..

Wish someone with knowledge could tell us what's up with these locks!
I have the same problem and I currently found this only temporary solution.
Does anyone else found a workaround without taking out the lock mechanism?

Old 02-12-2017, 10:06 AM

It is pretty well documented here. The little motors that drive the lock mechanism get dirty from wear on the brushes in the motor. You have to remove the module and get the motor out. Then pry off the end cap on the motor and clean the commutator and brushes. It is kinda involved but doable. How long will it last? Don't know. Keep searching, there are good instructions on this forum. Send me a private message if you want more help

Old 05-08-2017, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

Bringing this thread back up for quick clarification before i tackle this project. The replacement actuator cited in page 1 (Mabuchi FC-280PC-22125) does not have a splined shaft like the stock actuator. Does the little splined gear come off the stock actuator and go onto the mabuchi replacement?

Old 05-09-2017, 08:46 AM

I ended up just cleaning the motor. I did not replace it so I did not have to swap the pinion gear. In theory it should be possible.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

I'm having a problem with my drivers door lock not working with the central locking. The key does work, and it controls the other doors and the alarm as per normal, so it must have communication.

I tried replacing the lock with a whole new unit (rather than just the motor solution here) and it still does not work. Afterwards I also noticed that the electric side mirror does not work either. Could the issue possibly be the window motor, as I noticed the lock seems to run through here, and the side mirror does connect here for sure.

Window itself works - and so do all the other switches and controls.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:06 PM
1st Gear

resurrecting this thread from the past. Does anyone know which shaft type is needed for the replacement motor? is it the D shaped flat shaft or round shaft? I cannot tell from any of the pictures provided.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A8 2007 Door Lock issue

Hi

My car is behaving strange , the front passenger side door lock doesn't work sometimes, when i open passenger door and then lock the car it doesn't lock some times it does , i have done some adjustment with the yellow part with screw it works but thenit comes up with same problem after few tries anybody know how can i fix this issue, i have tried to chnage the lock but i stuck dont know how to remove the old lock the iron panel is infront doesn't come off ??

Old 06-03-2019, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

I would love the instructions for this. I'm finally in a position to start fixing and replacing a number of little problems on my 2007 A3 and the door problem has been around for too long to ignore.

Old 11-30-2023, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

It could be possible that the door lock actuator might have gone. It might have short which happens usually. I think replacing the actuator would help you out.

Last edited by PierceSchuman; 11-30-2023 at 01:51 PM.