AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A4 > B6 Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Welcome to Audi Forums!
Welcome to Audi Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 PM
1st Gear

Default Doors freezing shut

Ok.so it's cold as hell in Pittsburgh,PA and my doors keep freezing shut. I keep getting ice build up in the door jam between the scuff plate and the slot on the door. It happens on all 4 doors, making it a bear to get them open. Is this a problem anyone else is having? I haven't washed my car or anything. Not sure how the hell all this water is getting in there to freeze.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 PM
1st Gear

Default RE: Doors freezing shut

I get this all the time, it's really annoying. Sometimes they freeze so hard I'm worried about breaking a door handle trying to get them open.
I've hard that some silicone spray on the door gasket helps, haven't tried it though.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear

Points: 4,918, Level: 44 Points: 4,918, Level: 44 Points: 4,918, Level: 44
Level up: 84%, 32 Points needed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Daily Activity: 1.5%
Daily Activity: 1.5% Daily Activity: 1.5% Daily Activity: 1.5%

yepp i live in new york and its like 0 degrees out right now without windchill so yeah i have the same problem, more so with this car than any other car i might add?

Old 02-11-2008, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

Burgh too and my doors were a PITA to open. Watch out too, tomorrow its getting worst[&:]
Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

Ok.Pson, where do you get your car serviced in the burgh?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

Myself Now if its bad I will take the drive to Next level tuning (Love those guys and JV great) or there is a place called rices auto near bridgeville thats great too (Thats where I am). Where do you go?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 AM
1st Gear

Thanks man. I've been getting dealer work done but warranty just ran out. I may check out one of those places. i guess they know Audi cars pretty well???
Old 02-12-2008, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rradovitch

Thanks man. I've been getting dealer work done but warranty just ran out. I may check out one of those places. i guess they know Audi cars pretty well???
Which one? what part of the bugrh are you? Then I can point you in the right way
Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

I'm in Shadyside but I work in Canonsburg. I'm also in the Cheswick/Fox Chapel region quite often.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rradovitch

I'm in Shadyside but I work in Canonsburg. I'm also in the Cheswick/Fox Chapel region quite often.
Ok your really close to me Rices auto is a great place...its off of the bridgeville exit like 5 miles. There is also a place on rotue 8 thats good too. If you give me a bit I could get numbers for you, both are far better then any dealer here. Most is cake work so if you need help and have a free weekend....I do them all the time. Last weekend I changed my axles out and this weekend I am helping another replace his Motor mounts and tranny mounts...but thats on a B5.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:58 PM

Tags
2002, a4, audi, b6, car, door, doors, freeze, freezes, freezing, frozen, gasket, open, seal, shut