B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Interior light dont work at all

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 10:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Interior light dont work at all

Hi guys, Recently brought myself a 52 plate Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI. It had a few minor problems with it, I have solved all of these bar one which is the interior lights not working at all. They don't illuminate when you open the door nor when you flick the switch. All interior lights are affected including the glove box and the boot lights.

All other lights work fine including the little red door lights that come on when the door is opened.

I have checked the fuses, all seem fine.
I have checked the bulbs, all are okay.

I have read somewhere that the CCM is prone to water damage. I cant see it really being this as everyone else lists other problems with it. But correct me if I am wrong. When the lights are switched on, all the on/off switches for the interior lights work (as in they have the red light behind them so I can see them). But when you switch them no lights come on. I'm wondering if it could be a broken wire somewhere? Or a bad earth? If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Last edited by callum595; 11-13-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

anyone with any ideas?

Old 04-30-2016, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

Older Post Bump...
Me too exactly. Red door lites, under seats lites both work. All overhead lighting, including rear seat overhead and vanity mirror lites dont work. Checked fuses of course. Is there a connector on the interior piece under the steering wheel? I had to remove it due to hood release issues. I was doing a few things to it though(car in our Shop for a week) I can't remember if thats when it happened or not. Haven't installed the interior piece because its in Nashville and I'm not.