B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Low Oil Pressure warning light, oil level is fine though & also engine light is on

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Idaho A4
So the finish this saga, the mechanic would not give up. he finally dropped the pan and pulled the crank. one cylinder had a worn rod bearing (where the rod is connected to the crank.) he gave me the parts. he replaced all the bearings on the crank. that has done it. no problems since. this can all be traced back to a few years ago, I believe. the first time the oil light came on and the car nearly stopped running, literally. my wife was two driving days from home. the oil pickup tube was changed and the junk in the pan was stuck to it. oil was not being pulled through as needed, probably starved one cylinder of a little oil. I have the junk that was in there. some of it was the little orange tabs that are found along the length of the dip stick. for some reason these nubs have fallen off.

any one seen a dip stick fall apart? a friend just bought an 03, the first thing I looked at was the dip stick, the handle or pull ring was broken off, the plastic on these can't take the environment found in the engine or even under the hood. probably the heat.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. so, when your check engine light comes on, go deep, drop the pan and start as deep in the engine as the oil gets pumped. in the end it will save you money and time.
I have just had my turbo replaced with oil feed and new oil and filter now engine management light comes on and low oil amber light comes on then off but oil level is ok on the dip stick , do you think i sjould check the il pick up or rhe sensor ,any ideas?