AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A4 > B6 Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Welcome to Audi Forums!
Welcome to Audi Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2010, 03:48 PM

Default PO241 Diagnostic Code

My 2002 A4 3.0 currently has 121,000 miles and has had the check engine light on for at least 2 years with the PO241 code (Bank 1 Catalyst warm-up efficiency below threshold). I have read several posts here about it and it seems that the catalytic converter is bad and needs to be replaced. This is very expensive as you know. This seems to be a very common issue among the 3.0 engines. Has anyone attempted to get Audi to replace one free of charge by complaining to the regional office? Seems they should do something if so many are failing. Mine failed shortly after I hit 80,000 miles (when the emissions warranty expired) so I am really ticked-off about this.
Could the problem be anything but the catalytic converter (e.g. O2 sensor)?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
1st Gear

P0241 code I'm sure is for the boost sensor were did you get the code from search fir this code online and always says boost sensor Or sometimes called thrust sensor is your car underpower if it is check the boost sensor I think it on the intetcooler pipe it has two philip screws pull it out and check if it got oil on it if so give it a clean with brake cleaner
Old 08-05-2010, 05:31 PM

Default Correction

yeah, sorry, I put the wrong code up. The correct one is PO421.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:31 PM

Tags
2002, 241, 30, a4, allroad, audi, bank, catalytic, code, converter, engine, p0241, po, po241, po421