B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

--- R.A.I. Motorsport 1.8t Kevlar T-Belt Kit Discount for AF Members ---

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Default --- R.A.I. Motorsport 1.8t Kevlar T-Belt Kit Discount for AF Members ---

Hey guys, R.A.I. Motorsport is offering a discount on the R.A.I. 1.8T Kevlar Timing Belt Kit! This kevlar timing belt kit can be used with any 1.8t motor besides those with the AEB or ATW engine codes. If your 1.8t is AEB or ATW, we still offer a timing belt kit for you, but our Kevlar belt will not fit the AEB or ATW. The discount is good for AudiForum members only. Our OEM 1.8T timing belt kits are already competitively priced when compared with other parts suppliers, so we will be offering $10 off any R.A.I. 1.8T Kevlar Timing Belt Kit sold to an AudiForum member. To receive your discount, simply enter the coupon code when you add the R.A.I. 1.8T Kevlar T-Belt Kit to your shopping cart. Here’s all the info:

Coupon Code: audiforums

R.A.I. Kevlar T-Belt Kit
Name:  RAI-18t-Kevlar-Tbelt-Kit.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  12.9 KB

R.A.I. Kevlar Belt Comparison

Name:  Teeth_CU_Almost_Front.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  30.8 KB

Name:  Teeth_CU_Side.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  Teeth_CU_Front.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  50.5 KB

About the R.A.I. 1.8T Kevlar T-Belt
The R.A.I. High Performance Kevlar Timing Belt is a USA Made kevlar reinforced belt, with an upgraded GP-2 jacket to increase tooth strength and prevent stretching. We have spent over a year testing the quality and durability of this belt on one of our higher horsepower 1.8T's. The R.A.I. Kevlar Timing Belt is good for at least 100,000 miles without snapping, unlike stock belts... Click To Read More

R.A.I. Kevlar T-Belt Kit Includes:
- R.A.I. Kevlar Timing Belt
- Tensioner Roller (OEM Part# 06B109243)
- Tensioner Damper (OEM Part# 06B109477)
- Waterpump w/ Metal Impeller (OEM Part# 06A121011L)

Regular Price: $266.69
AF DISCOUNTED PRICE: $256.69

Available Kit Options:
- Thermostat, not for AMB (OEM Part# 050121113C)
- Thermostat Housing, NOT NEEDED for AMB (OEM Part# 06A121121C)
- Thermostat, for AMB Engine (OEM Part# 06B121111K)
- Serpentine Belt/Accessory Drive Belt (OEM Part# 06A260849C)
- Camshaft Seals (OEM Part# 038103085C)
- Front Crankshaft Seal (OEM Part# 038103085E)
- VW/Audi G12 Coolant (2 Bottles)

** WHEN ORDERING, YOU MUST SELECT THE R.A.I. KEVLAR TIMING BELT OPTION IN THE "CHOOSE YOUR OPTIONS" SECTION, IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR DISCOUNT. DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE APPLIED TO OEM TIMING BELT KIT. YOU MUST SELECT THE R.A.I. KEVLAR T-BELT OPTION **

CLICK HERE TO ORDER your R.A.I. 1.8T Kevlar Timing Belt Kit

If you have any questions, fire away! We will be putting up some more sales threads shortly, but if there is anything else you guys need please do not hesitate to call, email, or use the parts search on our site to find what you want

-Kyle

Email: kyle@raimotorsport.com
Phone: (443) 242-6436

Old 05-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by joankan2010
Your topic is very interesting me. i am very desire to know some information about this topic. I had look for this topic for many times. I am very like to get some useful information from your post and other visitors' comment. thanks a lot for your post.
Thank you for your interest! The kevlar timing belt is USA Made, reinforced kevlar, upgraded GP-2 jacket, increased tooth strength (prevents stretching). We have spent over a year testing and found it to greatly exceed the durability of a stock belt. It is over 400% more durable. It's good for at least 100,000 miles without snapping, unlike stock belts which need to be replaced every 60k. Even if your not pushing big power, you still get peace of mind with this belt.

Do you have any specific questions?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned

do you plan on making any kevlar belts for the newer models?

Old 03-24-2012, 06:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Newbie 2004 A4 quattro 1.8T owner

Just bought my step-daughter this quattro. Has 103K miles on it and I'm sure the previous owner didn't replace the timing belt. I have a few questions before I get a Kevlar belt kit.
1. I'm on the fence about a repair shop or dealer doing the work. Dealer probably won't use anything but OEM and would be more expensive. Repair shop may not have the technical acuity to do it right the first time and I wind up at the dealer anyway. Anyone have a referral to a great qualified Audi technician in the greater New England area (I live in Rhode Island).
2. Seems to replace the belt involves a great deal of tear down of the front end. Are there other replacements recommended while the front end is torn down? I'm thinking water pumps, gaskets, A/C compressors... etc. I went to the P.E.I. link for the kevlar belt and it asks for a list of optional other parts, I just have no idea what I should get in addition to just the kit or what.
3. I know this is a tough question; I'd like a feel for what I should expect to pay in labor for the replacement. $1k? 2k? more? I just don't want to go in totally blind.
4. Sure some of you will get a chuckle from this one, but; is this A4 a B6? or what... Is there a number in the VIN I can just see to confirm? I saw somewhere that 2004.5 has a different number...

Any advice from anyone would be very appreciated. Never had an Audi before and its a lot of fun to drive... my step-daughter "may" get to take it out once in a while hahahaha

Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

Coupon no longer works. Tried to pick up a timing kit today and it kicked it back. Besides, if I were to order the same parts for my 05 B6 A4 1.8t through Integrated Engineering it's about $180 less.