B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Tis a sad sad day

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:38 AM
2nd Gear
Default Tis a sad sad day

It is with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from the ranks of Audi owners.

"Why?" You ask...

Because a few weeks ago I bought a 2010 Santorini Black Range Rover Sport Lux.

Supercharged 510BHP, 430ft/lbs torque and holy **** is it ever fast!!!!

Now here is the sad part. From day one of owning my Audi, I would come to this forum asking questions, seeking help and trying to help others when and where I could. Never once did someone, be it an administrator or senior member tell me that I'm asking "too many questions", nor was I ever told that this forum was not created to answer countless questions from one member. For the most part my encounters here have been friendly, well spirited and for lack of a better word GREAT.
Now, in my transition from the German car lines to the British I unknowingly found myself in a forum of ******** and condescending know it alls. Like any new owner, I had many questions and did my due diligence. I'd search the forum for similar topics, Google my issues and when all else failed I'd post a thread and ask for help. I could not believe how rudely I was treated. I was told "this is not the 'answer all of pabloottawa's questions'" And this came from senior members and administrators. I could not believe what I was reading. Now up until this point I had been civilized. There was no swearing and no personal attacks even though I had been attacked but this was the last straw. Knowing that I would be banned by these idiots I told them that I don't hang out with condescending ****** and enjoy their little circle jerk forum.

All this to say, I really do miss this place. It was always fun to read the many informative posts and interact with some great members. I don't regret buying a Range Rover as it has been a favorite of mine for quite some time but I do regret the community I am becoming a part of. These guys truly do have more money than brains and it's sad that they have no understanding of what it is to be a new owner of an expensive car.

I won't leave this forum and I'll continue to help where I can. You guys rock!!!!

Last edited by Pablo_Ottawa; 10-30-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:18 PM
4th Gear

Sad to see you go man! PIcs of the new ride? Im actually getting ready to part ways with my car. Just waiting to see a special paint color before i actually order my car. but congrats on the range! always loved those trucks. Mind asking what the sticker was on the truck?

Old 10-31-2014, 07:22 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah no worries

the sticker prics was 46900

We wanted to put 24k down on condition that the payments would be
400 per month or 200 bi-weekly

They had to reduce the price to 45000 to accomodate our budget.

We got a 2010 Santorini Black Range Rover Sport Supercharged LUX with black interior and leather/suede seats. It is GORGEOUS!.... Not so good on gas but GORGEOUS!!!! lol

Attached Thumbnails Tis a sad sad day-1.jpg   Tis a sad sad day-2.jpg   Tis a sad sad day-4.jpg   Tis a sad sad day-13.jpg   Tis a sad sad day-6.jpg  

Old 10-31-2014, 07:24 PM
2nd Gear

Also comes with DVD screens in the back

And the best thing about it. I can lower it if I need to get into tight spots. It also lowers at high speeds.

Attached Thumbnails Tis a sad sad day-21.jpg  
Old 11-03-2014, 05:42 PM
4th Gear

oo thats sexy! and u got doorblades and suede! Jealous! so how much did u end up getting on your car?

Old 11-03-2014, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear

Sold it Privately for 4500

The dealership in Ottawa was gonna give me 1500 to which I said "bite me" lol. that and their selection SUCKED ***!!!! I got this baby in Montreal.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:31 PM
4th Gear

yea i recently went to the dealer and they offered 1850. I laughed at the girl also! Got a few potential buyers for around the same price. just hoping one of them bites!

Old 11-04-2014, 07:51 PM
2nd Gear

Patience my friend.... It will sell at the price you want..... you just have to find the right buyer and he or she WILL come along.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:20 PM
4th Gear

im hoping soo before this car takes a poop on me!

Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 PM
3rd Gear

You're a gutsy man. OOOO's have enough quality problems but Range Rovers are rated even lower. That said, they are handsome road trucks. Best of luck.