B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

as luck would have it EMERGENCY PROBLEM!!

Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
1st Gear
Default as luck would have it EMERGENCY PROBLEM!!

Yesterday while putting new blinkers and rear fog light in I closed my hood went back to oriellyauto to get a couple more bulbs came home and popped my hood only outside the hood didnt open, I panicked, freaked out, cursed, threw stuff and stabbed a hole in my wall with a screwdriver (none was helpful I went back inside and pulled harder on the hood release and pulled the cable out i guess (loose hood latch now) to top it off i just ordered ddm tuning hids that im super excited to put in and will now wait to do the hood bs until i get the lights and do it all at once, I read you can take the grill off and get it but i believe that is only on the b5 and possibly older ones, the b6 ac condenser and radiator are in the way completely.

- It seems to be there are two ways to go about doing this none seem fun..
1. Pry your gill out and undo the three bolts that hold the hood to the latch (I hope there is only 3 if there is more bolts this wont be a viable option)

2. option two is to lift your car up and push with a crow bar on the latch till it realeases

I already took the grille out (no im never doing it again it WILL probly break) so hopefully I will get the lights here in a couple days (so cal to nor cal isnt long for shipping) and will let you guys know how it goes but i guess the actual question I have is which one of these is the best option (i already have the grille out) or is this going to be one of those things that im in the driveway all day to figure out regardless lol?
thanks guys!

Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 AM
1st Gear

When you pull the handle in the car does it act like its catching anything?

Try pushing down on the hood while someone else pulls the hood latch and then pull up on the hood.. My hood NEVER pops up when I pull the handle, I always have to walk around and pull up on the grill for it to release..

Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 AM
1st Gear

i tried pushing down at first but got frustrated and pulled the lever a little harder and now the cable can be loosly pushed back and forth, havnt tried to do this yet cus i still dont have the hids yet waiting tho!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

hella good news!!!! my lights came so I had to get the hood open weather I liked it or not, but it went a lot smoother than expected.. I went into it knowing it will come out right so it did and even beyond it, the cable just popped out and works fine now, and I installed the DDM TUNING 10k HID lights and their amazing I love the fact that the low beams stay on with the high beams idono if anyone else would be ok with that but it looks dope now I just need man up and make it so my fog lights will stay on with DRL or when my high beams are on too...
but back to the HOOD PROBLEM...
super easy I popped the grille out and undid the three 10mm nuts that are visible holding the hood to the latch and the hood came right up, I don't know what way would be easier, that or going from under the car with a screwdriver or crowbar or something, If I have to open my hood like that again I will try that way and let you guys know.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

Just do you know.. In some states its illegal to have more the 4 headlights lit at a time..

Youve likely frayed/stretched the hood cable.. You might be able to get to the cable ends and repair it or reposition it.. Or get one from a junk yard..

Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
1st Gear

yes I do the hids are already illegal here in California I believe if your car did not come with them, however I THINK it was an OPTION for low beam hids on the b6s so possibly you could get away with it if when you get your fix it signed off have a print out saying it was an option because if it had the factory option I believe that makes it ok but I don't know.. im not sure how to go about getting a full list of what was/wasn't options for the b6s possibly having a dealership fax you it if they can or will.

someone please correct me if im wrong about the b6 having a factory hid option and if doing a HID conversion if its legal in California

Old 05-01-2013, 06:55 PM
1st Gear

It was an option but they're 4200k I believe.. Yours are going to be very.. Very. Blue..

Old 05-02-2013, 04:55 PM
4th Gear

just make sure u aim your lights correctly. other then that you will be fine. Plenty of audis running around cali with aftermarket hids. . .

Old 05-03-2013, 12:37 PM
1st Gear

that was another question how do I aim my headlights? I thought I figured it out but nothing seemed to be different

Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
4th Gear

ontop of the headlight housing there should be two white caps per each headlight. If u pop those off u can adjust the headlight by turning the screw. I think the one closest to the middle of the car is height and the other is for horizontal aim. i might be wrong on which is which though.