B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

wiper slow, wiper stuck, wiper recall, wiper maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:12 AM
1st Gear
Default wiper slow, wiper stuck, wiper recall, wiper maintenance

The patient is a 2004 S4 B6. The wipers started moving slow. Then they only moved a little and finally the wipers died.

The result was the driver side wiper post ceased. Replacing the wiper assemble was required.

It would be nice if someone can add details if thisare a recall and what model years are effected.

I read that the new assemblies have a plastic cap that prevents water from going into the post. Can this cap be purchased from Audi, for those people who haven't had this problem, YET?

If you haven't had the problem, i suggest spraying your wiper posts every so often with WD40 or white grease, especially after bad weather and especially before & after winter. A little maintenance goes a long way. Spray under the wiper arm, and onto the C clip. Note that wiper arm is on good and you won't be able to remove it with a screw driver. You may end up cracking your windshield. I used a 2 arm puller. If you do remove the arm, perhaps put some waterproof grease on C clip to reduce the chance of water entering the post.

Although I fix my problem, I'd like to share my experience and possible save someone someaggravation and $.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: wiper slow, wiper stuck, wiper recall, wiper maintenance

Why are the arms so hard to get off? I was trying to get my ECU out to ship to APR, but couldn't get the arm off at all. I guess I'll have to use a puller. I just gave up, because I figured in my frustration, I might end up breaking something.