Well, here is a follow up to the thread...
After posting on the forum yesterday I decided to take it in again and just pony up and pay for them to look at the car as I KNEW something was going wrong and I didn't want the car to **** out on me as I am taking a road trip next week. At the dealership (for the third time on this request), I once again explained the situation to the service adviser and said, please take a look at the engine, I know there is something wrong with it, it just doesn't feel right. I agreed to pay for the diagnosis if nothing wrong was found.
Long story short, I got a call from them late yesterday. The diagnosis was the following:
1. The cam follower was completely shredded and we are surprised your car was still running.
2. The cam follower severely damaged the cam lobes and they need to be replaced.
3. The cam follower severely damaged the HPFP and needs to be replaced.
4. The [something] (cam shaft maybe she said?) needs to be completely taken apart and cleaned out.
In all, the repair cost was going to be over $3000 in labor and parts!!!! Fortunately, they are going to cover it under my CPO.
Just another instance of the $50 cam follower causing serious damage if not taken seriously.
There are two things I am going to take away from this thread:
1. Thank goodness I didn't try to replace the cam follower myself on Saturday (if I had, I would have gotten in there and seen the crazy messed up cam follower and been hosed on my CPO.)
2. Don't trust the dealerships when you think something is wrong with the car. Persist, persist, persist!