B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Just got my APR Stage 1 Chip! 2.0T

Old 08-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Talking Just got my APR Stage 1 Chip! 2.0T

Just got my APR stage 1 installed on my 2.0T Quattro AT, and its the best thing i have ever purchased (aside from the car itself). The car is so much more driveable without having to rev the living daylights out of the thing. Its like a whole new car. The place i purchased it from was having a special where you received 4 profiles and the anit theft all for the base price (im sure everyone usually does this "special"), and was wondering if it takes time for the modes to change or they change pretty quickly?

Side note: Was anyone else not told that the car would not start the first time after changing modes as a warning, cause i wasnt and it scared the #@$@ out of me!

Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 PM
2nd Gear

Congrats! On mine the change was immediate, but I've heard other people say it took awhile to fully come into effect.

Do you get a CEL flashing after you change programs and just have to try a second time to start? I haven't done it recently, but I just assumed mine was slightly buggy somehow and I would always to a CEL clear after changing modes before I could get it to start.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:38 PM

Yea thats exactly what happens, it flashes for a few seconds then when its done its good to start, its normal according to the people who installed it. Just sounds a tad embarrassing when it happens lol.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM
1st Gear

nice dude, I got the same chip in mine....before they started running that sweet *** special but yeh, I'm a fan of it.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:14 PM
1st Gear

Hi can you tell me about the changes in your consumption..if any.

Im thinking about getting a GIAC Stage 1 for my 08 a4 s-line next week.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

Sweet good job! I made my appointment to get mine this Wednesday. I'm getting the 4 program special too! Really looking forward to it. I'm looking at about 700 out the door. Does that sound like a good deal?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 PM
2nd Gear

Old post but I have run APR on my GTI and I just keep it on 93 Octane mode. I am stage 2 plus and it is pretty sick. If you think stage 1 rocks just add a test pipe and go stage 2 for free. You will thank me.

I have also Run REVO on my A4 and it was just as good. APR is quick to change programs and put a code on so the dealer cannot access it. You literally get about 50+hp and they should have been that way from the factory.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by alexz10
Hi can you tell me about the changes in your consumption..if any.

Im thinking about getting a GIAC Stage 1 for my 08 a4 s-line next week.
They claim their chips will improve your MPG, but I guess that's if you drive pretty conservatively. I didn't notice any significant change.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Me too

I just had the Stage 1 installed yesterday. Initial observation is it seems to drive smoother as far as acceleration, and a bit more pick up. It's not a huge jump in speed but I didn't expect that, and for < $700 I'd say it was worth it. I drive in 91 mode since we only get 91 octane across AZ (mostly). I really like the more linear response but my biggest problem is the design of my car - it's a FWD @%$#!#$ !!! I really like my A4 and don't regret buying mine since I felt the deal was good but sure wish it was a Quattro (never been a fwd fan). My car is vanilla but I like it. Good upgrade

Old 04-16-2011, 11:54 PM
1st Gear

I can waitbto get mine in stage two but right now I'm having a misfiring issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got my APR Stage 1 Chip! 2.0T