B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Just got my APR Stage 1 Chip! 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 01:08 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Sp00led
I'm wanting to go back and get the stage 1 flash again but I've been told it's better to do the DV before or at least at the same time.
I was looking into a test pipe too but I'm afraid it'll give me a CEL problem. Anybody know if a test pipe will give me CEL doing this? If so is it easy to just clear the code with a vag-com?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm thinkin there's alotta knowledge in the room.
I replaced my stock DV with the revision D OEM DV a week before I got the stage 1 flash. based off of what i read here, thats the way to go because the original stock Dv cannot handle the higher pressure. as for the test pipe, my understanding is that it will trigger a CEL unless you get the stage 2 flash. the stage 2 flash takes care of the CEL.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Operator8
I too am under the understanding that Stage II is for the CEL clear and II+ increases due to more fuel flow.
well i bought a stainless steel extension for the O2 sensor and that fixed the error when i changed the cat. i did not change the GIAC program as that requires other things with them, like better fuel. but i did not a better sound to the exhaust, more throaty is the best i can say...but sounds nicer.. and without any dyno proof think it added a few more horses and a bit faster to rev.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

What's going on guys. I've been APR stage I tuned for about a month now and love everything about it. The only problem I've been having is that every time I WOT it over 80 mph my CEL comes on. I had it scanned the first time it came on about 2 weeks ago and got P0299 fault code under/overboost. Checked for leaks, checked the DV and saw nothing wrong so I cleared it. CEL hasn't come back until tonight when I was provoked by an E90 M3 lol (i knew i had no chance but i was curious how long I could keep up until he left me in the dust) anyway, has anyone else had an issue like this? any idea what could cause this? I'm actually installing a boost gauge tomorrow to monitor boost but I don't feel any difference or loss of performance.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

P0299 Issue... Might help you out.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:47 AM
1st Gear
Default Lots of new work done to my B7 on thursday, I need help. :[

Hello

Just poured a bunch of money into my A4 Avant on Thursday and saw alot of questions and posts regarding alot of the parts, specifically the chip.

I went full APR, including turbo back exhaust w/ test pipe, APR carbonio intake, and APR stage 1-4 chip.

Some pros and cons which I noticed immediately.

The intake/exhaust sounds great, at high rpm is sounds even better.

I had my car flashed with the APR chip for stock settings, 91 octane, 93 octane, and 100 octane.

I have been running it in stage 3 (93 octane) since leaving the shop.

The boost gain is simply retarded, it seems like I'm driving a completely different car. Throttle response is amazing, and you just generally seem to have a shitload of extra power, most noticeable at low rpms, which is where I felt the car was really lacking before.

With that said, I got curious about how the car would run in the lesser stages, 1 and 2.

I had the full orientation and well versed on how to change the chip settings, so before reading my next bit please keep this in mind lol.

Immediately after changing the car from Stage 3 to Stage 1 the car would not start. I snapped, after regaining self control some 5 minutes later I gave it a few more tries and it eventually started.

The car had electrical power and turned over fine, but simply would not start, it almost sounded like the engine was flooded. It took me roughly 10-15 attempts before I finally got the car running again.

Since this happened the first time it has only worsened, now happening in all stages with the exception of stage 4 because I don't have the 100 octane to test it.

Has anyone else had problems with this? It's setting off alot of red flags to me as my car didn't have the slightest bit of trouble starting before and I'm sure this is directly related to the chip.

All in all, the car sounds great but if it doesn't start it's a complete f*cking waste of money if you ask me.

Feedback would be appreciated as the shop is closed over the weekend so I'm kind of on my own until Monday..

Old 02-25-2012, 11:14 AM
2nd Gear

FYI, the stage number is not the program. You can have all four at stage 1 if you don't have exhaust, or in your case, they're all stage 2.

For the starting issue, something like that did happen to me recently when I was at a DE. Somehow something in the ECU got confused. But switching programs got it going again. The first time I tried switching, it didn't work, but switching, waiting 30 seconds, turning off, turning on (but not starting) and waiting another 30 seconds before cranking got it going.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Hey APR lovers - time for me to move on to a bigger vehicle so if you know any friends/family/colleagues that like A4's let them know. It's posted in the Classifieds; low mileage and very well cared for. B7 for $10,900 and only 71k miles.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

What order is your 4 programs in
1 stock
2 91
3 93
4 valet mode?

I have the apr stage 1 upgrade but been trying to contact apr to have them tell me but no responce after email and calling them
Please help thanks

Old 03-21-2016, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by s0ap
Just got my APR stage 1 installed on my 2.0T Quattro AT, and its the best thing i have ever purchased (aside from the car itself). The car is so much more driveable without having to rev the living daylights out of the thing. Its like a whole new car. The place i purchased it from was having a special where you received 4 profiles and the anit theft all for the base price (im sure everyone usually does this "special"),[I] and was wondering if it takes time for the modes to change or they change pretty quickly?
I coming late to this thread as I recently purchased a used 2006 A4 (60,000 miles). It's a great car but needs a little more under the hood. Can you tell me where I can purchase this upgrade?

Old 03-21-2016, 04:01 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mrbaldie
I coming late to this thread as I recently purchased a used 2006 A4 (60,000 miles). It's a great car but needs a little more under the hood. Can you tell me where I can purchase this upgrade?
APR ECU upgrades

They have a list of dealers on their site.

Quick Reply: Just got my APR Stage 1 Chip! 2.0T