B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

New Here, Help Appreciated :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:54 AM
1st Gear
Talking New Here, Help Appreciated :)

Hi. I just bought a 2006 Audi A4 with 2.0T and quattro. I'm having a few problems though.

First off, I was reading my owner manual and for me to get to the menu to change settings and stuff it says to press the reset button on the bottom of my windshield wiper lever. Only thing is, my windshield wiper lever doesn't have the reset button, or the up/down button on the edge. So how do I get to my menu?

Also, I'm looking to get an entire new speaker system in my car. I have some bad and ugly touchscreen above my air conditioning area, I think my friend said it was a Header? I want to change that, and the speakers. So my question is what is a good speaker set to change all the speakers? I think there is one on the bottom of each door, one on the edge by the window (much smaller) in each door, and two in the back behind the rear seats. And what is a good header unit to buy?

Thank you for any help in advance

Just looked at some other posts. I'll posts a little information about my car.

It's a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. Roughly 80,000 miles, timing belt changed, not sure about water pump (looking at other posts these are important at around 80,000 miles. The man I bought it from said the timing belt was changed at 75,000 miles.

Last edited by AudiGirl92; 08-28-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

Not sure about the reset to get to your menu. You may need to call the Dealer.

As far as speakers go, I've used MB Quart in my last few cars:

http://www.mbquart.com/index.html

For the head unit, you can't go wrong with Alpine.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:32 AM
2nd Gear

You likely don't have the trip computer functionality--I don't in my 2006. The manual should list that section as optional based on equipment. Don't worry about it--it's not a big loss to not have it.

Call or online chat with Crutchfield. They can take your car, current stereo info, etc. and craft a system for you. You will need to figure out what model head unit you have in there and whether you have the Bose premium audio system or not, though. Different factory head units require different adapters. You can shop around for a little cheaper price than Crutchfield, but I wouldn't bother. They generally include ALL adapters and radio removal tools for free as well as free telephone support even on the weekend (last head unit I replaced, I had to call them a couple times for some tips due to a weird FM antenna in our Honda). They really cannot be beat on service and sending you ALL the little parts you need to do the job.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

Thank you both. I'll have to thumb through my manual again. As far as a head unit goes, I have some Lanzar one. I did research and turns out it's not good at all. From what i've been able to find Kenwood and Pioneer are the two best, but I'll look into Alpine as well.

And for speakers I'll look into Crutchfield. Thank you both

Does anyone know of any good places or websites to get new headlights and taillights. I'm looking to get ones like the new Audi's with an LED strip in them.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Sponsor

We have headlight and taillight options below!

Click HERE to order or for more information

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

Old 08-28-2013, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
We have headlight and taillight options below!

Click HERE to order or for more information

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

Hi Jason, do Audi Forums Members get any discounts on ECS Products? I am very interested in some of your LED lighting options for my A4 Avant.

-Blake

Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by bem1
Hi Jason, do Audi Forums Members get any discounts on ECS Products? I am very interested in some of your LED lighting options for my A4 Avant.

-Blake
Blake,

We actually do not offer any specific discounts as we try to price our products as competitive as possible so everyone can take advantage of the same savings.

Never hurts to ask though!

Jason

Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

Blake,

We actually do not offer any specific discounts as we try to price our products as competitive as possible so everyone can take advantage of the same savings.

Never hurts to ask though!

Jason
Seems like you would get more customers if you would offer some sort of discount for Audi Forum members. And to your comment about pricing your products competitively, your prices are higher than anyone's I have found on the Internet. For example, LED License plate bulbs (2x) on your site are $44.95. I found the exact same ones on Amazon for only $18.54. Why do you charge more than 2x the price? Let me guess, yours are better quality made in the USA right?

Sorry, just trying to understand why you freely advertise on this site via Forum posts, but offer no discounts for forum members.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by bem1
Seems like you would get more customers if you would offer some sort of discount for Audi Forum members. And to your comment about pricing your products competitively, your prices are higher than anyone's I have found on the Internet. For example, LED License plate bulbs (2x) on your site are $44.95. I found the exact same ones on Amazon for only $18.54. Why do you charge more than 2x the price? Let me guess, yours are better quality made in the USA right?

Sorry, just trying to understand why you freely advertise on this site via Forum posts, but offer no discounts for forum members.
We don't freely advertise on the forums. We actually pay a decent amount every month to be allowed to post ads and links to our website.

Everyone loves to compare pricing to Amazon, they are a huge corporation and because they deal with such high volume they can either get better cost pricing on products that allow them to sell at a lower retail cost or they choose not to mark up their product very much over cost because of how much profit they turn on other products.

Jason

Old 09-17-2013, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

We don't freely advertise on the forums. We actually pay a decent amount every month to be allowed to post ads and links to our website.

Everyone loves to compare pricing to Amazon, they are a huge corporation and because they deal with such high volume they can either get better cost pricing on products that allow them to sell at a lower retail cost or they choose not to mark up their product very much over cost because of how much profit they turn on other products.

Jason
Understood on the ads. I don't agree with your high prices though. Every other site (non-Amazon) I search on had the exact same LED lights for less than $20. I would love to give you my business, but not at 2x + the cost as other sites.

Quick Reply: New Here, Help Appreciated :)