B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Possible new car?!/

Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Zombie Defense Force

Thanks for all the advice and information. Yes I could have searched and found most of the information that I was looking for but then I wouldn’t be helping the forum grow. See I'm getting people into the forum and helping me answer my questions. I won’t mod the hell out of this car. If I do anything I will do suspension and maybe a few go fast mods to make sure it’s not a complete snail. It's going to be hard for me to not get the turbo. Every car I have owned had a turbo.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah you are a boost *****.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Site Moderator

auditech79, it's extremely confusing to me but german cars cost way more in germany compared to the US. it would be cheaper for a german to buy a german car from the states and ship it back rather than to buy it in germany. it's strange but true.
Well thats just stupid. It irritates the hell out of me when something doesn't make sense and i have no idea why. Im gonna be on a wild goose chase now trying to figure that out.......

Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by auditech79
Well thats just stupid. It irritates the hell out of me when something doesn't make sense and i have no idea why. Im gonna be on a wild goose chase now trying to figure that out.......
Well "esandes" is correct on Germans paying more for their Audi's (BMW's/Porsche's etc) When I got my A4 (US Spec's from military sales here)
I paid with discounts and tax free only $28,800 (car was at $32,900). I went to the German Audi "build your own page", and set up pretty much the same equipped car and hit almost EUR 40,000! That is around $58,000! The biggest hit the Germans suffer here are in taxes, which we and other countries do not have to pay. I know a couple of Germans who went to Italy and France to buy there Benz's and BMW's, it was just cheaper.

I could probably make money if I were of a criminal mind. All that is required is when I buy a new car (through military sales) I have to keep it for 6 months, then I can sell it to whomever I choose. The Audi dealer I go to in Wiesbaden has an RS/4 US Spec's (they use to race with their name on it as advertisement) that they picked up from an American here for 1/2 what they would have paid for it.

Is it really that easy to do? No, they still have to import it, and pay customs fee's, (no tax as they are a dealer) but it is still way cheaper than buying it new.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Site Moderator

Thats some serious taxing right there, glad you don't have to pay it.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 AM

Thats some serious taxing right there, glad you don't have to pay it.
Most EU countries pay higher taxes related to automobiles and trucking. The upside is far better roads and maintenance than we have here, plus much more rigorous testing procedures (fewer imbeciles behind the wheel).

Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Zombie Defense Force

thats going to make my sig
Yeah you are a boost *****.

Search this Thread