B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

$$

Old 08-27-2008, 09:33 PM
1st Gear
Default $$

I was talking to an Audi Sales Manager yesterday and he was saying how incredibly expensive the '09 will be. Obviously Audi is not planning to do any special incentive programs for a while so all prices will be based off of the MSRP. He said people will be shocked at the lease prices...$600-$800/month!! The APR will probably be 5.9%, maybe more.

I was seriously considering an 09 until I priced it out: $37k (premium) $41 (premium plus) when you factor tax, fees, etc. Even worse those prices don't reflect any financing.

He seemed to think it would be a good 8-10 months before dealers would start playing with the price.

Beautiful car but it seems really steep for a 4 banger. That's why I went for a 08 3.2 Q M6. $4k under invoice. If you're on the fence because of the price get a B7 while they're still around. There are some great deals out there. Otherwise plan on being very patient.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

No kidding as far as $$$ on the '09's. My fully-loaded '09 A4 2.0T (Prestige, Nav, Drive Select) will top out at a whopping $50,000+ once it comes in a few weeks. I DEARLY love this car but will see what the final numbers will be come delivery time. I remember years ago when Audi's were considered the best value among German luxury cars.....but sadly, that is no longer the case today.......if anything, BMW's are the better value now. If worst comes to worst, I may walk away and get a Infiniti G35X which comes fully-loaded for under $45K. However, everytime I see a picture of the '09 A4, I lose all sense of logic and fall madly in love!

Last edited by PSB1013; 08-28-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:28 AM
1st Gear

Yes I'm new to the site. And as I was looking around I don't think anyone mentioned anything about the cheapest model. I was thinking about looking into that model. I just had a couple questions: is this car (the basic model) worth the money? and about how much would it come out to with it being priced at $32.7K I believe.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

According to my calculations the base model (premium) comes out to about $37k when you factor tax, fees, etc. Even worse, this price doesn't reflect any financing, and from what I'm being told by the sales rep, it will be 6% or higher.

I test drove the car a couple weeks ago and I thought it was really nice BUT $40k for a base, 4 cylinder model seems too high. For the first 6-12 months you're paying a premium to own an '09.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TheFly
According to my calculations the base model (premium) comes out to about $37k when you factor tax, fees, etc. Even worse, this price doesn't reflect any financing, and from what I'm being told by the sales rep, it will be 6% or higher.

I test drove the car a couple weeks ago and I thought it was really nice BUT $40k for a base, 4 cylinder model seems too high. For the first 6-12 months you're paying a premium to own an '09.

So I'm not to fond of the Audi's or anything like that so i came on here for advise. Does anyone think its worth paying for this vehicle (base model) $32.7K? or should i just go with something else? I'm just asking for advise.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

They appear to be very nice cars, well engineered and built. From what I saw at new model training, the price seems to be about what you'd expect for a car like the A4. No, I'm not an Audi salesman, I'm an Audi tech so I'm not trying to blow smoke up your a$$! Of course, being a tech I can't afford to buy one anyways. Such is life!

Old 09-10-2008, 03:39 AM
mkc
1st Gear

In the UK they are in the same class as the C Class Merc and the BMW 3 Series. Both of these are rear wheel drive so both get a better review as a drivers car. However, many say that the BMW just does not cut it anymore with the build quality (compared to Audi) and the Kit you get on an entry level 3 Series is poor. Same goes for the Merc C Class. The 3 Series has just had a facelift but is the same old car underneath and will probably be replaced soon.

The C Class only looks good in the Sport package (AMG bits bolted on) so that costs much more than an Audi which looks great in the most basic package.

You will get more kit for your money on the Standard Audi A4 (non quattro) but I guess youll need to see if the kit is worth it over the rear wheel drive cars.

I cannot comment on the different models you have in the US from US manufacturers. I love mine and so happy that I did not go for the C Class or 3/5 Series BMW

Old 09-10-2008, 02:46 PM
1st Gear
Arrow jl.cobian24

Originally Posted by jl.cobian24
So I'm not to fond of the Audi's or anything like that so i came on here for advise. Does anyone think its worth paying for this vehicle (base model) $32.7K? or should i just go with something else? I'm just asking for advise.
In my opinion, It's definitely worth the $32.7K. I drive a 08 A4, which costs me the same, but it's an s-line and etc. So I doubt Audi dealer will sell any 09 A4 base model, they more likey sell fully-loaded packages. I suggest you take a look at your local dealer and test drive one. You will like it.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by txaudi
In my opinion, It's definitely worth the $32.7K. I drive a 08 A4, which costs me the same, but it's an s-line and etc. So I doubt Audi dealer will sell any 09 A4 base model, they more likey sell fully-loaded packages. I suggest you take a look at your local dealer and test drive one. You will like it.
Wow so what Audi dealership do you work at?
Well idk I really want to get the 09 Audi A4 the very basic model but I wanted to know if the price in March-April will be able to get bargained? I'm deployed at the moment out here in Iraq and I was wondering if by the time I get back will I be able to get it a little cheaper. I just want honest pros/cons about this vehicle before i spend that much money. I hope I can get more information. Thank you.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:01 PM
mkc
1st Gear

If I had my way anybody serving in Iraq or Afghanistan from the allied troops would be picked up in an A8 with their family in it from the airfield, driven to the Audi dealer and told to take their pick for free. I think you have probably earned a years worth of petrol too.

Search this Thread