B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

2009 A4 front seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Default 2009 A4 front seats

Some 09 A4's have awsome front seats with what appears to be an adjustable thigh support and some have boring circular patterned front seats with no seperate thigh support. At first I thought this was a difference between the sport package and non and then I thought it was the difference between the Prestige model and the rest. But so far all I can tell is the European seat in any trim is more sporty than the U.S. seat. Why is this? Or am I getting confused with the S-Line seat? .
What type of front seats do you guys have in your U.S spec A4's also Avants?
Thanks for the help!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 AM
mkc
1st Gear

Ive got the UK S Line seats in my Aruba Blue. They are S Line embossed with half leather and cloth combo. I beleive the US spec S Line has the Alcantara/Half leather.

In the UK we get electric lumber support and the thigh support bit. This is the bit that extends out towards the dash via a handle under the seat. The rest of the controls are manual.

The seat is a figure hugging type seat.

There are pictures of my seats on this thread (the Aruba Blue on towards the bottom)
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...t=46647&page=6

Old 01-08-2009, 09:00 AM
1st Gear

o recently ordered the U.S. version S-line a4. the interior has the very supportive seats with the side bolsters and the thigh extender. the alacantra seats are leather on the edges and a suede like material in the center and back area. that suede is also carried onto the doors and the headliner is black. The interior of the s-line is what sold me on the car, really a huge difference from the standard interior which i personally did not like.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

I have the s-line sport wheel package and the seats are all leather with thigh extender support, etc. Do not have the suede or s-line embossed but are basically the sport seat, love em! I'm in Arizona.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

hey piot, How do you like the ride? I ordered mine but have to wait till the end of march. what color did you get? do you like the way the 19's look and feel with the car?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 2009A4Sline
hey piot, How do you like the ride? I ordered mine but have to wait till the end of march. what color did you get? do you like the way the 19's look and feel with the car?
You'll L-O-V-E it, won't be able to stop looking at it, from every angle, all the time. You'll spend time in it in the evening just listening to the B&O when you could be in the house listening to your stereo. You'll keep it extra clean, **** about the wheels but best of all when you're driving it, it'll be like heaven. You won't be able to wait till you've reached 1000 miles to sample the tiptronic and you'll find something new you like about it you didn't know existed everyday for a couple of months! You made a great choice! Went with what I consider euro sport, quartz gray metallic, going for the silver look, has a hint of faint blue...

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/156111/img_0542.jpg
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/156111/img_0544.jpg
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/pic...pictureid=1986

Old 01-09-2009, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the replys. I love your Avant its very cool. So I guess ordering the Sport package gives you the good seats. But I do have to say I saw a nice A5 Prestige in red yesterday with the 19"s Sport PKG (s-line)and it had the basic seats in the front. Is Audi just sending out what they have?

Old 01-09-2009, 10:29 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Thanks Piot, you sound like a man happy with his purchase. I cant wait to get the car, sucks audi takes so long to deliver. I keep hearing from different post how amazing this B+O sound system is! really looking foward to putting some pink floyd or grateful dead on it. Your car looks very sweet! I would never thought of getting a wagon but after seeing the Avant with the S-line i definately would have considered it. Good Luck

Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 2009A4Sline
Thanks Piot, you sound like a man happy with his purchase. I cant wait to get the car, sucks audi takes so long to deliver. I keep hearing from different post how amazing this B+O sound system is! really looking foward to putting some pink floyd or grateful dead on it. Your car looks very sweet! I would never thought of getting a wagon but after seeing the Avant with the S-line i definately would have considered it. Good Luck

Yah, it does take some time. I custom ordered in July 08 and it delivered in Nov so I can relate on the waiting time but well worth it. I plan to let the wife have this one and am considering S5 if the conditions are right...

Old 01-09-2009, 11:58 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by marq998r
Thanks for the replys. I love your Avant its very cool. So I guess ordering the Sport package gives you the good seats. But I do have to say I saw a nice A5 Prestige in red yesterday with the 19"s Sport PKG (s-line)and it had the basic seats in the front. Is Audi just sending out what they have?
Here is what my order sheet says when I placed it in regards to the seat difference between the the 19" Sport Package (which is what I have) and the full sline sport package:

" 19" Sport Package - 19" S line wheel, high-performance tires, 3-spoke sport steering wheel, shift paddles (for Tiptronic models), Sport front seats, Sport suspension "

" S-Line Sport Package - 19" S line wheel, high-performance tires; 3-spoke sport steering wheel, shift paddles (for Tiptronic); S Line bumpers and side rocker moldings, Front sport seats with leather bolsters, alcantara inserts, and S Line embossed logo; Sport suspension; Brushed aluminum interior trim; S line door sill inlays; S line badges on fenders; black headliner."

So you can see that the S-line package is really most cosmetic vs. the 19" Sport package. The seats have leather bolsters but that does not make a huge difference and the embossed logo. I do like the look with the side rocker moldings but was not willing to spend the extra $$ just to put S-line logos all over the thing w/o an improvement in performance...

You decide if it's worth it or not.

Quick Reply: 2009 A4 front seats