B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Disappointed with Audi A4 2009 model

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Disappointed with Audi A4 2009 model

I am a big fan of Audi and I a proud A4 2006 owner, red 2.0T, with navigator (what a car!).

Now I think Audi made a mistake by making the new 2009 model A4 as a family car. The car definitely lost its youth appeal and sports finishing.

The car is larger and that size is noticeable. The interior looks definitely like a car for my grandparents.

I would not buy a new A4 anymore. Perhaps that is going to be an excuse me to pursue an R8 in the future...

Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM
1st Gear
Default not so fast

I agree with you that just getting the basic premium I was against as well but disagree with you on the sporty style and performance of the vehicle once you go Prestige with sport package. Bucket sport seats, tip, sport steering and suspension along with trim, 19" wheels and of course the new curves of the Avant make the 2009 pop! More horse power and better handling then the 06 with better fuel economy cannot be beat...

Old 12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
1st Gear
Default not all ipods work

After waiting for the ipod cable for a month from the dealer I was disappointed to find out that my ipod classic (80gb) is not recognized by the stereo. Come to find out when looking in the manual only the nano/shuffle models which I guess only store/play music are compatible. Appears 20, 40, 80gb units that hold movies, pics, etc don't work so if the dealer is trying to sell you on this be sure your ipod is actually compatible. So I'm not about to go out and buy a rinky dink ipod and instead will burn a bunch of cd's and utilize the 6 CD changer...

Old 12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
ATX
1st Gear

my ipod classic works just fine....perhaps yours is an older one?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ATX
my ipod classic works just fine....perhaps yours is an older one?
hum, did you have to do anything special? I plugged it in and the ipod powered up but didn't have the "connected" displayed like when you link it to your pc. Will try again. It's only about a year old, latest generation...
hope it's not a cable issue.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by piotrowr
hum, did you have to do anything special? I plugged it in and the ipod powered up but didn't have the "connected" displayed like when you link it to your pc. Will try again. It's only about a year old, latest generation...
hope it's not a cable issue.
I have an 80gb ipod as well and I didnt have problems with connecting. But paying $70 for the 4" aux cord was ridiculous! It even plays the music from "music videos" just no video. Hope you get it figured out...

Old 12-18-2008, 05:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audi2NV
I have an 80gb ipod as well and I didnt have problems with connecting. But paying $70 for the 4" aux cord was ridiculous! It even plays the music from "music videos" just no video. Hope you get it figured out...
Man, they had you pay for the cable? That sucks, didn't even come in the discussion for me. What generation is your ipod? Mine is gen6, per Audi site they seem to indicate only gen 4 and 5 are compatible. I'm awaiting word back from the dealer on this...it would really suck if the latest greatest ipod isn't compatible with the latest greatest Audi

What is everyone's gen of ipod being used in your vehicles that work???

Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 AM

Man, they had you pay for the cable? That sucks, didn't even come in the discussion for me. What generation is your ipod? Mine is gen6, per Audi site they seem to indicate only gen 4 and 5 are compatible. I'm awaiting word back from the dealer on this...it would really suck if the latest greatest ipod isn't compatible with the latest greatest Audi

What is everyone's gen of ipod being used in your vehicles that work???
Yea I had to pay... I know I tried to get it included but they were already not excited about giving me 10k on my 03 acura RSX w/ 80k miles...

I like how you said "latest greatest Audi"... I love my A4 and I get a lot of good feedback. I think "Marlon" might be jealous. haha

Good luck with the ipod... not sure about my ipod gen but I have had it for at least 2 or 3 years.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audi2NV
Yea I had to pay... I know I tried to get it included but they were already not excited about giving me 10k on my 03 acura RSX w/ 80k miles...

I like how you said "latest greatest Audi"... I love my A4 and I get a lot of good feedback. I think "Marlon" might be jealous. haha

Good luck with the ipod... not sure about my ipod gen but I have had it for at least 2 or 3 years.
Agree, how can you be disappointed if you actually owned one.

Anyway sounds like you have a gen 5 80gb. What color is the cable? Does in have blue or black grommet (I'm guessing black):

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4b8/msgs/22951.phtml

Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 AM

Agree, how can you be disappointed if you actually owned one.

Anyway sounds like you have a gen 5 80gb. What color is the cable? Does in have blue or black grommet (I'm guessing black):

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4b8/msgs/22951.phtml
Yea I have the black grommet... did not realize there were multiple cables.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with Audi A4 2009 model