B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Halogens to Bi-xenon headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Halogens to Bi-xenon headlights

I've been planning on doing this for awhile now and I've been looking for the parts i need in order for me to convert my current headlights "halogens" to "Bi-xenons", but I can't seem to find the parts for the right price.

So is there anyone that can help me get the right parts for right price? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rahip4567
I've been planning on doing this for awhile now and I've been looking for the parts i need in order for me to convert my current headlights "halogens" to "Bi-xenons", but I can't seem to find the parts for the right price.

So is there anyone that can help me get the right parts for right price? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
What do you consider the right price. Lot of parts on ebay that are reasonably priced.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jagtoes
What do you consider the right price. Lot of parts on ebay that are reasonably priced.

well i know but i'm looking for OEM headlights but not sure which parts to get. I found a thread on google but it doesn't provide much info to what you need in order for the LED's to work. I know that you need Vagcom for it. So yea

Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM
1st Gear

well i know but i'm looking for OEM headlights but not sure which parts to get. I found a thread on google but it doesn't provide much info to what you need in order for the LED's to work. I know that you need Vagcom for it. So yea
Try going to a dealer and asking the parts guy to give you a list of the parts required to do the conversion. Should be able to give you a copy of the parts catalog. Go to a salvage yard and start buying the parts.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

Try going to a dealer and asking the parts guy to give you a list of the parts required to do the conversion. Should be able to give you a copy of the parts catalog. Go to a salvage yard and start buying the parts.

Thank you

I called a dealership and told me i needed 2 xenon bulbs, headlights ballasts, wiring harness. So if anyone can confirm that i need only those parts then i would start looking for them.

Last edited by rahip4567; 01-30-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

Thank you

I called a dealership and told me i needed 2 xenon bulbs, headlights ballasts, wiring harness. So if anyone can confirm that i need only those parts then i would start looking for them.
OK didn't realize you were just going for the quick bulb/ballast conversion. I assumed you were replacing the headlight assemblies and installing OEM ballasts. In your case I would look for Xenon headlight conversions on the net. There are many places that will sell you bulbs and ballasts along with the instructions. Some place like HID Xenon Conversion Kit Automotive Lighting HID Headlight Bulbs Lights HIDS or others.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

OK didn't realize you were just going for the quick bulb/ballast conversion. I assumed you were replacing the headlight assemblies and installing OEM ballasts. In your case I would look for Xenon headlight conversions on the net. There are many places that will sell you bulbs and ballasts along with the instructions. Some place like HID Xenon Conversion Kit Automotive Lighting HID Headlight Bulbs Lights HIDS or others.

well actually i plan on replacing it with headlights like these...

I actually found a thread that someone actually did.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...rsion-Complete

I just listed the items i was told i needed by the parts center at the dealership. I actually want to take out my whole halogen headlights and replace with with two "Bi-Xenon" headlights that has daytime LED's like the ones in the pic above.

Last edited by rahip4567; 01-31-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

DIY Halogen to Bixenon- Conversion Complete.

I just listed the items i was told i needed by the parts center at the dealership. I actually want to take out my whole halogen headlights and replace with with two "Bi-Xenon" headlights that has daytime LED's like the ones in the pic above.
OK next time try to be more specific as to what you want to do. It would have saved both of us a lot of time. You can buy what you are looking to do at a salvage yard. 2010 OEM headlights

Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

OK next time try to be more specific as to what you want to do. It would have saved both of us a lot of time. You can buy what you are looking to do at a salvage yard. 2010 OEM headlights
sorry but i do appreciate your help Also 2010 headlights work with 2009 audi a4? Also I've been searching for the headlights on salvage sites and can't really find any so i'm most likely going to buy them off ebay.

Last edited by rahip4567; 01-31-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

DIY Halogen to Bixenon- Conversion Complete.

Hey man, I'm trying to do exactly what you've posted, any idea on what parts were needed? I'd really appreciate the help, Thanks!

Quick Reply: Halogens to Bi-xenon headlights