B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

First B8 Manual in WA?

Old 03-30-2009, 01:01 AM
1st Gear
Default First B8 Manual in WA?

At least that's what my dealer tells me...

Got her Friday evening at University Audi in Seattle. Got a very informative two hour "walk through" with my advisor Ben Moses.

On the way home thought I was going 70, and when I looked down I was clocking 80-85. My wife said "you didn't figure it out when you were flying by all those cars?". My response "NOPE, too busy driving....".

Over the weekend, only put about 200 miles on it. Comparing it to my B6 2002 1.8T, it just "goes" without really realizing it. I naturally have a lead foot, but normally had signs with the sound of the engine at high rpm's, but in this thing, I'm having trouble keeping my speed in check. This is possibly attributed to enjoying the B&O system. The keyless was an after thought when ordered, but so far it seems like a great feature, not only for the start and stop, but also the openning and locking of the vehicle.

The only issue I have is trying to get my mirrors back in the set positions after I start it up and put it in reverse. Time to read the manual I suppose....

Not really into lowering it, if anything, maybe a light tint on the windows, clear bra, and chip it.

B8 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Manual, Quartz/Black, Prestige.

Attached Thumbnails First B8 Manual in WA?-audi-009.jpg  
Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 AM
1st Gear

Just like I said on the "zine" congrats......

Old 03-31-2009, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

itza NIIIICE!

Congrats~

Old 04-04-2009, 04:49 AM

I am not sure, but I am getting my manual on April 22nd here in Toronto. Are there others who got their manuals here in Toronto yet?

Old 04-04-2009, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Issaquah_Coug
At least that's what my dealer tells me...

Got her Friday evening at University Audi in Seattle. Got a very informative two hour "walk through" with my advisor Ben Moses.

On the way home thought I was going 70, and when I looked down I was clocking 80-85. My wife said "you didn't figure it out when you were flying by all those cars?". My response "NOPE, too busy driving....".

Over the weekend, only put about 200 miles on it. Comparing it to my B6 2002 1.8T, it just "goes" without really realizing it. I naturally have a lead foot, but normally had signs with the sound of the engine at high rpm's, but in this thing, I'm having trouble keeping my speed in check. This is possibly attributed to enjoying the B&O system. The keyless was an after thought when ordered, but so far it seems like a great feature, not only for the start and stop, but also the openning and locking of the vehicle.

The only issue I have is trying to get my mirrors back in the set positions after I start it up and put it in reverse. Time to read the manual I suppose....

Not really into lowering it, if anything, maybe a light tint on the windows, clear bra, and chip it.

B8 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Manual, Quartz/Black, Prestige.
How is the manual on this A4? much anticipated here, can't wait until the 22nd of April when I get mines

Old 06-13-2009, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

Correct me if im wrong, but I believe a manual transmission will only be available for 2010 Audi A4 in U.S.

I guess Canada was able to get the manual transmission one year earlier.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:53 AM

Yeah, those darn Canadians...always getting the cool stuff before we do...

Old 06-18-2009, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by garchalex
Correct me if im wrong, but I believe a manual transmission will only be available for 2010 Audi A4 in U.S.

I guess Canada was able to get the manual transmission one year earlier.
Not sure what you mean, I picked up my 2.0T Prestige with manual transmission first week of May from my dealer here in California. It was a pain in the butt getting it here, but it got here.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tighr
Not sure what you mean, I picked up my 2.0T Prestige with manual transmission first week of May from my dealer here in California. It was a pain in the butt getting it here, but it got here.
Im sorry, I should have been a bit more specific. The prestige comes in manual transmission but as for the premium and the premium plus trims they only come in automatic transmission in usa although the audi website states that 6 speed is optional. An option that I assume is not available until the next year of production, 2010, as one of the niello of sacramento car salesman informed me about.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by garchalex
Im sorry, I should have been a bit more specific. The prestige comes in manual transmission but as for the premium and the premium plus trims they only come in automatic transmission in usa although the audi website states that 6 speed is optional. An option that I assume is not available until the next year of production, 2010, as one of the niello of sacramento car salesman informed me about.
Again, not sure where you are getting your information, as when I was ordering my car, my dealer located for me several models of 6MT with different trim packages; true, the one I ended up buying was a Quartz Gray Prestige, but two of the other models my dealer located were Premium Plus 6MT (one with S-line, the other with only Nav). I'm sure the Premium 6MTs exist, also, however I explicitly asked only for information on Premium Plus or Prestige when they were doing their search.

I take little stock in what a salesmen tells me. Oftentimes they have no clue and are just talking out of their rears. My salesman swore up and down the river that there was no such thing as a manual A4, and yet I was able to get one.

I believe in facts, cold hard facts. And when I finally had a dealer printout of 4 vehicles complete with their options and their VIN numbers sitting in front of me, all clearly stating that the transmission was 6MT, that sounds to me like a cold hard fact.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First B8 Manual in WA?