B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Oil Leak new owner a4 2.0 manual transmission plz help

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 01:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Oil Leak new owner a4 2.0 manual transmission plz help

Hi all I bought used audi a4 manual trans has 110,000 kms been just 2 months and its leaking oil from under engine near left front wheel. I saw it today also while driving from neutral to first gear it misses the acceleration. Please help s its my first high end car just wanted to fulfil my dream of having the audi experience did not expect this soon there will be an issue. i am too scared in regards to repair costs. all help will really b thankful to you guys
it is 2011 a4 quatrro

Old 01-01-2017, 01:53 PM
3rd Gear

Oil leaks are a challenge to find based on floor drips because of the lower engine cover. For DIY, I suggest taking it a car wash with the spray washer and after soaking it with a good engine degreaser spray, "power wash" it as best you can. Try to avoid hitting obvious electrical stuff amap. The engine covers can be removed to facilitate this. Then check for oil leaks after a few days. (You might be lucky and see the culprit after removing the covers and avoid the power wash.) The easiest to fix is the valve cover gasket; worst could be a turbo leak but sounds unlikely based on left front wheel area.

What do you mean by missing acceleration from neutral to 1st. Are you talking about power in first gear? Downshifting from second thru neutral to first?

The 2.0T turbo makes obvious power above 3000 rpm so if you are starting off in first, your engine revs have to build before the turbo power kicks in. This assumes the TFSI = gasoline/petrol engine. I know nothing about the diesel versions.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

I thankyou for you advice i got it checked from a helper at a mechanic shop today as all mechanics are closed coz of holiday season. he said its most probably transmission fluid. and my car is not turbo.

what i mean was when i drive off my car from first gear it doesnt move as it should and just misses the traction.