B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

You know who you are...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 01:18 AM
1st Gear
Default You know who you are...

After all these years owning a B8 (2 for reasons I prefer to set aside for now) I have to come back to the original forum I joined back in 09 to share my story, even if it's a waste of time.

Many of you might know the back ground and have experienced lots of the tale for sure. Our is this:

1. Custom ordered 09 Avant Prestige Sport - Lemon for sunroof issues
2. 2010 replacement Avant Prestige Sport - Oil consumption issue = resolved (piston replacement, yadda yadda)
3. 2010 Avant above = Turbo failure, replace...

How is VW Audi still in business? I have put our avant up for sale, it has all of the issues addressed but the pricing is terrible because of all the above...

Not lovin the Audi experience... You?

Old 07-27-2016, 09:00 AM
1st Gear

Audi has done a fantastic marketing job and attracted the types who fit that mold. The issues you experienced although they seem to be major gets lost in the number of cars sold. Also like BMW types Audi owners seem to be very loyal and regardless of these complaints they will buy a 2nd and more of these models. So it's all in the hype by the Audi marketing folks and a lot of buyers just want the bling . If you want a reliable car get a Honda or Toyota.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Tech Certified

Your crazy..... I've worked for many car makers over the years..... And Audi is by far my favorite, in just about every way possible. Some owners are impossible to please and some just have unrealistic expectations when it comes to cars.

I work next to Porsche and Mercedes.... You think manufacturer doesn't have issues.......? The New Porsche 918 has a recall already that has them taking half the car apart. The GT3 race car had an issue where the cars were catching on fire. I've seen Mercedes towed in burned to the ground from bad wiring. But by all means trash Audi cause your panoramic sunroof that covers your entire roof makes a little noise when flexing....

Old 08-09-2016, 10:44 AM
2nd Gear

+1 @ Audi Tek

I've owned Audi's for over 12 years now and yes they had their fair shares of issues but not a single time have I've been stranded. I do maintenance on my cars and know when something doesn't feel right (which gets fixed quickly).

There might be other cars that require less TLC and show less issues overall but that's because they are POS cars without any luxury. Of course a car that doesn't have a sun roof won't have sun roof issues. A car that doesn't have a ton of electrical gizmos won't experience so many electrical gremlins.

I've driven a few different cars over the years and not many handle/feel like Audi's - personally definitely my favorite.

If you don't like the cars go to another make/model and try your luck with that. There is a reason why we have so many choices nowadays.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:42 PM
3rd Gear

We just traded my wife's 2007 Mercury Milan I-4 with 143k. Very reliable, but boring, slow, uncomfortable, noisey. And not much cheaper when it came to tires, brake discs, etc.

I put almost 200k on my 2003 A6 (sold still running on oem turbos at 233k) and it had very few problems. I regulary drove it on 2k trips around the midwest and northeast, esp in winter weather. Yes, at the end, the A/C failed, the power steering squealed loudly, and the synchros were starting to be a little sticky, but she started and ran reliably and the third owner is enjoying (and abusing) her. I have 20k on my B8 with zero problems, and I purchased it with 99.6k (ok, it does use oil when driven locally but not much on long trips). The more bells and whistles, the more things to go wrong and eventually something will. Audi's not perfect, but owners with problems are more vocal than those with no issues.