BMW is wayy better than Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:24 AM
1st Gear
Default BMW is wayy better than Audi.

okay okay okay,... just kidding. But in all honesty ... looking back at Audi over the years, I would have to say that only until very recently (the past 2 years) has Audi had more to offer than its "propeller-badged" adversary. Other than personal taste, I would have to admit that back in the late 90's BMW made some solid stuff. Don't get me wrong, BMW is definitely a great car company... but I want to hear some reasons people choose Audi as their favorite. I'll start it out by saying that they're an incredibly inovative company that is always reinventing itself whether it be an amazing new transmission or the most efficient diesels on the planet. They're a leader in many catergories... Anyone else care to share?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-15-2007, 01:52 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: BMW is wayy better than Audi.

alright this is the opinion of someone who grew up with a roundel in the garage and yells when people car the bemmers instead of Bimmers (BTW I still have love for the BMW, and want an M-coupe like no ones business (he Z3 based one)

So with that out of the way I would have to say that I saw Audi as a safe reliable vehicle that had some tuning potential (except for the 12v) I wanted a BMW to be honest but the parents said no RWD cars, so I looked around for some good German cars with AWD and sure enough Audi popped up, with some research I found models like the S4 and RS4, that just make me want an Audi over a BMW at that point (also seeing a 450AWHP RS4 conversion in person helped) So I was on the hunt for a 1.8t when the parents got me my 12v. As I've been with this car I've grown to love the VAG group and since BMW can't design anything that looks remotely good looking since Bangle took over, I don't think I'll have a problem staying with VAG for a while. But I will always have my eye out for my M-coupe or an E30 M3.

Also just as a point if you look in the late 90's Audi did have cars that would smoke a BMW, they just weren't sold in the USA.

edited for SS

Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 AM
2nd Gear

You complain about how they spell Bimmer, then call Chris Bangle "Bengal"? He's not a tiger, bro.

Seriously though, one brand is not better than the other. They have totally different characters, and each is designed to appeal to a different consumer's tastes. Both have had serious technological breakthroughs, both have had ups and downs and both have made some seriously goofy looking cars (318Ti and All-Road anyone?)

Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
5th Gear

^lol couldn't agree more.

i just think audi's are much nicer, inside and out. and i think audi puts more effort into their cars, there always coming up with new things and being innovative. bmw didn't even galvanize the metal to prevent rust. audi put the extra effort in to do so, and as a result, rust is almost unheard of on audi's. just little things like that.

tho i would have to say, bmw's are waaaay funner to drive on a track

Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

You complain about how they spell Bimmer, then call Chris Bangle "Bengal"? He's not a tiger, bro.

Seriously though, one brand is not better than the other. They have totally different characters, and each is designed to appeal to a different consumer's tastes. Both have had serious technological breakthroughs, both have had ups and downs and both have made some seriously goofy looking cars (318Ti and All-Road anyone?)
The allroad a goofy looking car? ITS A A6 AVANT! so all avants are goofy? I no longer like you! haha

Old 11-15-2007, 11:23 PM
1st Gear

I think the Allroad was a really good looking car. I'm actually hoping that the new Q5 takes a lot of its styling cues from it.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-16-2007, 12:29 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: myaudi98

The allroad a goofy looking car? ITS A A6 AVANT! so all avants are goofy? I no longer like you! haha
It's an Avant that's been jacked up in some caricature of real off-road cars, it has all the LUXURIOUS (except not) gray plastic stuck to the lower half and it has thatsilly roof rack that makes it a serious contender for yuppie-mobile of the year. I think the Avant is a good looking car, it's all the goofy crap they strapped to the All-Road in an effort to make it seem less like a station wagon to all the image-conscious yuppie mommies and daddies who don't want to think they drive a wagon that makes the All-Road goofy. It's the same thing as when auto manufacturers all of the sudden decided to start calling wagons "cross-over utility vehicles", despite the fact that they are quite obviously identical on style, proportion and purpose as the cars that were called station wagons and minivansjust a scant few years before. "XUV" sounds less dowdy and matronly than "station wagon" or "minivan", so all sorts of people who wouldn't be caught dead in a wagon or vanare nowflocking to buy this "new class" of vehicle. Makes me sick that people buy this kind of vanity-centric promotional propaganda from the ad execs.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:47 AM
2nd Gear

whats the diffrence between a bmw and a porcupine in the bmw the ***** is inside

Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 AM
3rd Gear

The quattro! I dont even have quattro but i know its amazing. Go and see how many rallys championships were won by the quattro and how many after were won by a RWD bmw.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 PM

My honest unbiased bottom line opinion being a BMW owner for the past 10 years and an Audi owner for the past 2 years is:

BMW's are more fun/involving to drive without question, and probably better value for the money. Audi's are more aesthetically appealing - greatstyle/looks. As far as reliability - from my experience, BMW's are a little better, but not that much better to preclude me from buying another Audi. Audi andBMW are both great cars. And I agree Audi is currently on a roll - the new A/S/and RS series are exceptional!A little pricey, but exceptional enough for me to pay the extra bucks...

Quick Reply: BMW is wayy better than Audi.