Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

Force5Auto dishonesty

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 01:24 AM
1st Gear
Default Force5Auto dishonesty

My recent experience with Chris, the owner of Force5Auto, was terrible. I spent close to $20,000 with him sourcing a set of transaxles. He sent me the wrong parts and refused to take them back without charging a 20% restocking fee (on his error!).

What's more, he didn't disclose this policy until after the sale - it came in the fine print on an invoice included with the packages. I requested an electronic copy prior to delivery but he made up some excuse about not being able to send it from his invoicing system on another computer. Now I know why.

It's been months since I made him aware of this - he's stalled, did very little to help, played games via his employees and refused to take responsibility for anything. A bad actor if there ever was one.
Best,
John

Old 08-01-2016, 08:00 AM
2nd Gear

Ask him if he'd like to get a call from a lawyer..... If you can prove that he sent you the wrong parts, you have a case. Most of the time threatening legal action has magical results.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

Hi Dave,
Thanks - I will if it gets to that! Hoping the Better Business Bureau and sharing my experience here will allow me to avoid involving lawyers.
Best,
John

Old 08-01-2016, 11:54 AM
2nd Gear

I hear ya.. LOL

Old 11-01-2016, 11:01 PM
1st Gear

I've had underwhelming experiences with him/that company as well. I had to wait months for an order which I think he just forgot about- never got the root problem of what the hold up was. Shipping took another several weeks. My car was down while waiting on the parts the entire time. I've tried them out a few times since that incident to see it it was a one time thing but, I felt like the parts I received were no better than the ones I was trying to replace and the service interaction left something to be desired. I read good things about him in the past, but I guess I'm not the only one with a bad experience.