Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2001 B-5 S-4 Help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 03:25 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation 2001 B-5 S-4 Help needed.

Hey everyone,

I need some help troubleshooting my 2001 Manual S4. \

Was driving it, went into limp mode, and to the point I couldn't drive it anymore. Let it sit, came back and limped it home.

Pulled all the codes associated with the Throttle body, and I have the three lights on the dash (ABS - EPC - Stability Control)

So everything pointed to the throttle body. Ordered one, came in, same issue, the throttle body won't adapt.

Bought a VAG-COM tool, to see what was going on. Tried to re-adapt again.. nothing..

Sent my ECU and TB to a friend, both checked good in his car.. I put them back in mine, first time it Adapted.. thinkin alright finally... started right up, idled great.. and I had no pedal response at all. It was completely dead again.

So, my friend said, that sometimes the Temp Sensor will leak and allow the antifreeze to basically "wick" to the ECU.

So I completely rewire the run of wires from the TB to the ECU.. and nothing changed. It still errors out, every time. Even disconnected the batter, ECU and TB let them sit over night.. and still nothing. Grounded out the battery cables.. no difference..

I've tried everything I can think of to get this working. Tried Adapting with the throttle pedal removed from the system.. same thing.

So I have been sitting on this thing for about a month and I just cant figure it out.. what am I missing?

--Scott