Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Audi A4 Quattro 1996 2.8

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 02:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A4 Quattro 1996 2.8

I'm stumped. I am not getting enough power to my fuel pump. I changed the relay, checked that the fuse is good, verified the fuel pump is running right by hot wiring it w/ a 12v jumper and the car started right off. Is there a secondary fuse, relay or reset I am missing? Like I said I'm stumped.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:53 AM
1st Gear

Iowa - Update other than snow- I confirmed that there is 12v to both the fuel relay and one side of the 4 prong pump power plug on the top of the catch, the other shows 6v or continuity when the key is turned and I try to start it. I am looking for someone in Central Iowa (Des Moines area) who has a vag com computer hook up that can clear codes for me. I show only the ln2 code at this time and since I have replaced half the car I figure I am good on that.
One question that has never actually been answered is:
Is there a shut off on this car for when an accident occurs that needs to be reset before the car will run again? This could be an actual switch to shut the fuel off or a flash program that activates on the computer and would need cleared.
I ask because if I add a direct 12v supply to the fuel pump the car will start right up and run great- no codes or anything, but if I try it with the plug in at the top of the catch (fuel pump cover) it just turns over and supplies no fuel to the fuel rail. One person has suggested that I might just have a weak battery but I have tried to start it while having another car hooked up with jumper cables and it didn't start. Any suggestions at all.
Again I am looking for a central Iowa person with the ability to reset a computer code for me- sounds like a lot of people on here have found someone to help them out where they live.