Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

audi a6-s6 problems please help!! asap!!!

Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 PM
1st Gear
Default audi a6-s6 problems please help!! asap!!!

hello all!! im new to this forum.. or to forums in general.. I have recently acquired an audi a6-s6 series awd quattro 2.7l twin turbo dohc mfi maunal.. the car is having some issues.. hoping some people can give me some insight to what it may be.. so here it goes

first issue.. i start the car up no problem i start driving off into the sunset no problem.. after about 20 25 mins the car starts like bogging out and almost like shaking a bit when im under 3k rpms.. after 3k its perfectly fine nice and strong.. you can hear the turbos whistle and all through out all rpms.. also when im stopped and the car is idling the car has a small shake but car idles fine and where it should be...this also doesnt start happening untill the 20 25 mins has passed... only starts once the bogging out starts..

second issue.. all the windows will not work unless i open the drivers side door.. once i open the door the windows and sunroof and what not go up or down just fine... also the radio does not work.. not sure if the issues are related..

third issue...i went to my local auto store where they have a code scanner that you can use for free to read the codes.. the check engine light is on as well as the abs and air bag light is on. the brake light is flashing...when i plugged the scanner in to try and read the codes and go through the process when it says communicating with car after a min or so it comes up with an error something along the lines of cannot communicate with car would you like to try again or sometihng like that.. so i have not been able to pull any codes from it.. the guy that worked there also tried and he got the same error..

and last but not least.. when i had got back from driving the car to the auto parts store i parked it and got out to check the cv boots because the passenger side was clicking when i turned and i noticed that there was a puddle on the ground so i touched it with my hand and it was clear also has no smell no taste..( lol i dabbed a tiny spot on my tongue was told coolant has a bitter taste my mechanic use to do it lol) its directly in front of the passenger side front tire.. it looked as if it was running down the plastic wheel well cover and off the front bumper underneath like on the back side of it .. not sure exactly but the leak is def coming from somewhere in the area of the passenger side in front of the tire..

this is some recent work that has been done to it

R&R clutch, p.plate & t.o.bearing
R&R front disc pads
R/R valve cover gaskets
install alt (thats what it says on the paper work not sure what alt stands for)
install window control module
replace rf hei module headlamp

this is all i know of at the moment.. i dont know a ton about the car so trying to be specific as possible.. if theres any questions let me know and ill do the best i can to find the answer.. hopefully someone can give me some guidance!!! thanks !!

NOTE the first issue and the leak are whats important the rest i can deal with at another time...i just need the car driving properly so i can get to work and what not.. any help at all is much appreciated!!

Old 07-07-2014, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

Probably going to have some vacuum leaks, rough idle, vibration around 2200-3000rpm and inconsistent/hesitating power were all problems produced by the 3 major vacuum leaks I had, assuming the problem may be more apparent in a twin turbo, also would find a vag com and scan it before wasting any money because that will direct you to most problems immediately , parts are not cheap nor is blowing that engine, as for leaking fluid, you sure its not from the ac? Windshield wash fluid? Remove the engine guards and chase it, run the car and let it leak into a cup, youll know if its coolant or not, if not then im not really sure of anything else clear or tasteless( lol dont taste antifreeze, its sweet and poisonous lol ) that would be an indication of a major issue