Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Bluetooth pairing

Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 AM
1st Gear
Question Bluetooth pairing

Hello,

I bought Audi Q7 s-line yesterday.I tried paring my Nokia E52 with MMI.It didn't work then i tried other phone Nokia 700 and that worked.

Can somebody help?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

The E52 is not comatible with the bluetooth software installed on the vehicle where the other one is. Due to the constantly changing/updated phones, even though they program all known phones when the software is written, phones get added afterwards. Sometimes there is a s/w update the dealer can do, other times not.

Before buying a phone, it's a good idea to check the compatibility chart first.
Can be found at AudiUSA.com if you search around enough (it's tough to find). Here's a link, just click on "open database" at the bottom of the page. A popup will appear and then you select what brand phone and go from there. This is the latest list and may not apply to your specific year/model Audi. There is a model and year specific list but I'll be darned if I can remember how to find it right now. At work we have it on a quick link so I forgot exactly how to get to it since I'm at home right now and my DSL couldn't get any slower..................................

Mobile phone preparation (Bluetooth) > Glossary > advice > Audi Worldwide

Last edited by aspen79; 11-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

I wish the information was easier to come by. Lost count of how many Bluetooth problems on cars brought in were the phone wasn't compatable with the system in that particular car. Always feel bad telling a customer the brand new phone they just bought won't work in their car.

I would assume the place you buy the phone at would have access to lists for all manufacturers and could check before selling it to you. Someday I'll make the leap into the 1990's and get a cell phone which is why I really don't know that one. Yes really, i don't have a cell phone. I'm an Audi tech so I can't afford a cell, muchless an Audi itself! Oh well, such is life.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 AM
1st Gear

Bluetooth pairing is generic up to the certain distance to set up a pair with the another device. It is probably very near to the connecting device. It works for the devices which are certainly around up to the 100 mts distance

Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

Portable units are by far the most popular choice these days. A few of the main reasons are they are inexpensive, easily moved to another car and easy to install.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth pairing

While most people think of Bluetooth as the way that wireless earpieces get connect to phones and If you are familiar with Bluetooth wireless technology, you'll probably recognize the term "Bluetooth pairing.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:38 PM
1st Gear

Bluetooth i really nice device. I really like transfer data using bluetooth.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:49 AM
1st Gear

would assume the place you buy the phone at would have access to lists for all manufacturers and could check before selling it to you.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:28 AM
1st Gear

you can access from Bluetooth any data of any other device portable device you always visible of the Bluetooth device if you want the data of any device

Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth pairing

A Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone is able to pair with many devices. Bluetooth pairing is a process in which two Bluetooth devices, usually a cellphone and headset, interact with each other.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth pairing