Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Loss of power,almost no responce to gas pedal!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Default Loss of power,almost no responce to gas pedal!

Hi All,

I really really really really really hope someone on this forum can help me.
I have an audi a3 1.6 fsi and it has a big problem....

It started small when sometimes when I accelerated the gas didnt responded on time (5 sec. delay) but right now the engine management sign on the dashboard ligted up and before that happend I had almost no power (wont go faster then 60) for half an our. Right now it has permanent power loss, it still drives but with very low power.

Sometimes after a quick stop (getting gas e.o.) it DOES go full power but then immediately stops again.

It has a fuel pressure code warning when they read it out but the pressure seems to be good when they checked it. Also I read alot about the in-tank full pump and the normal fuel pump? Also read something about the gaspedal en airmass meter ... Does someone experienced the same problem? Because they now want to change the entire management of the car which is soooooo f&^%&^% expensive!! I don't know what to do anymore!!!!!!!

Please help!!!

Regards, Mike

Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 AM

The sulpher smell is from raw gas reaching the catalytic converter.This will of course ruin and possibly clog it. Your mixture is swinging very rich or you are misfiring a lot.Has the idle speed control valve been replaced? If not you might try that.
Other than that, only a rich condition and massive vacuum leak could cause the motor to rev.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Default Possible cause..

I recently had a similar issue with my A4. Almost the same issue was happening to me, because of a faulty brake light switch. The ECU was noticing that the brake had been triggered, and was limiting throttle to the engine.

Verify that your brake lights aren't on while you're driving? This could indicate that you're experiencing a similar issue.

Hope that helps!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kenkeiter
I recently had a similar issue with my A4. Almost the same issue was happening to me, because of a faulty brake light switch. The ECU was noticing that the brake had been triggered, and was limiting throttle to the engine.

Verify that your brake lights aren't on while you're driving? This could indicate that you're experiencing a similar issue.

Hope that helps!
I had pretty much the same exact problem on my 05 A4. I noticed that sometimes stepping on the gas pedal would not make the car go until I stomped on it. A time or two, while driving, all of a sudden the car would slow down on its own until I released the gas pedal and stepped on it again.

I also noticed that each time this would happen, the brake lights would be on when they shouldnt be. Replaced the brake switch, and all of it went away.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:55 AM
1st Gear

Check for a good connection and try adjusting the brake light switch on top of the brake pedal. If that doesn't work, replace the switch. Check the brake pedal switch and the wiring. You may have a broken wire.