Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Ask A Dealer Salesman

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
1st Gear
Default Ask A Dealer Salesman

Hey guys, I was suggested by a moderator on here to go ahead and start up a thread. I have been in the car business for 2 years at a New-Car dealership: selling all years makes and models, and know the in's and out's of buying or selling a car. If you have any questions regarding your purchase of your current car, or planning on buying a new one and have questions that your dealer may not give you a clear enough answer on, I will be more than happy to assist.

I've been around cars my whole life and always saw myself doing something them in with my life whether it be selling them or working on them etc... Nothing gives me more pleasure than helping people with their large investments and getting the most out of it.

Car purchases are big moments in peoples lives most of the time (unless your filthy rich and don't care about paying over sticker price). It's typically the 2nd largest purchase people will make in there lives, all I can do is help you through the process with any questions you have about the car buying experience. If you feel like a dealership is trying to rip you off. Feel free to contact me anytime.

I know a lot of you on here probably aren't to fond of car salesman, but I'm honest and upfront and hold nothing back if you ask for it. I don't skate around showing someone a car fax. If I say one price that's the price it, doesn't go up after that.

I currently just purchased a 2006 Audi A6 4.2 Loaded Out. Love this car more than any other car I've drove.

Hopefully I can be of assistance to anybody here and look forward to developing some relationships on AudiForums.Com

Feel free to PM or just post in the thread

Flame ON

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
The person answering your questions is doing so on their own and his/her answers in no way represents AudiForums or InternetBrands either directly or indirectly.

The person answering your questions has also agreed to not hawk for their own dealership/salesmanship. If you wish to inquire about that please do so only via PM.

~Jazz

Last edited by AWDaholic; 07-03-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: ~Teh JAZZ
Old 06-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Senior Administrator

If/once there is enough activity I will move it into the "Dealership" section.

We started it in OT for the maximum amount of initial exposure.

The person answering your questions is doing so on their own and his/her answers in no way represents AudiForums or InternetBrands either directly or indirectly.

The person answering your questions has also agreed to not hawk for their own dealership/salesmanship. If you wish to inquire about that, please do so only via PM.

~Jazz

(I am "Teh JAZZ" and I endorse this message!)

Good luck, Dealer.Salesman! If anybody gets too personal or threatening just let me know. The BAN-HAMMER is one of my favorite tools for tools. That being said, I'm going to pretty much leave this to you. Just think of Me & The Mods (great name for a music group, I thinks) as referees. here if you needs us, but, protect yourself in the clinches.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

Thanks AWDholic. Hopefully I can help some people or get some questions that I can learn from as well. Looking forward to this. Feel free to talk about just the process of selling cars or anything at all. I love hearing people's opinions on car buying.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Former Sponsor

What would it mean if a new 2006 car was on the lot for about a year (and sold in 2007 as a leftover 2006) and it had a yellow mark on the front windshield lower corner? Is that some kind of sales code?

Old 06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts
What would it mean if a new 2006 car was on the lot for about a year (and sold in 2007 as a leftover 2006) and it had a yellow mark on the front windshield lower corner? Is that some kind of sales code?
First did you buy a 2006 in the beginning to middle of 2007 or are you talking about used car that you bought recently?

Typically. The paint markers on windshields are codes for the dealer saying this one has been detailed/chips taken out of windshield/paintwork done etc... all dealers and vendors use different colors for different jobs they do. We use a blue dot on our used cars saying it has been detailed, just an easier way for vendors to track which cars they have done on the lot already. Also one color could mean one owner no accidents red dot could mean its been smashed. Every dealer is different. My guess is if you bought it a new 2006 in 2007 it might have needed some paintless dent removal or something minor for sitting on the lot for a year+

let me know if that answers your question

Old 06-22-2012, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

if it was a new car it would be safe to assume it was something very minor that needed a touch up like someone opened up a door into it and dinged the new car

Old 06-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor

You are right on all counts, but it was a new car on the lot. And with many cars on an average size lot I could see dings happening. Thanks for the reply, that's kind of what I was thinking. That and or it was used as a parts car to borrow off of for other cars that came in through the service department. <This would have been a bad thing. Thank you for your reply.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts
You are right on all counts, but it was a new car on the lot. And with many cars on an average size lot I could see dings happening. Thanks for the reply, that's kind of what I was thinking. That and or it was used as a parts car to borrow off of for other cars that came in through the service department. <This would have been a bad thing. Thank you for your reply.
Was there any miles on the car when you bought like it was a manager demo or loaner with like 4-6k miles or just 100-200?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

only time I've heard of dealers taking parts of a car for another car is maybe a wheel swap or something minor. If service needs a part for a car they are servicing they will order the new OEM parts never just pull them out of a car on the lot that hasnt been sold yet and put a bad part into it, if that was what you were implying.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor

It was a leftover 2006 with 78 miles on it. Mitsubishi Evo IX, the engine was probably already broken in by then....When I got it there weren't many left on the lots any longer. The X was coming, a new body style that I didn't care much for at the time. Anyway, runs great and hasn't been a problem so all is good.

Quick Reply: Ask A Dealer Salesman