Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Great answers, thanks man!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Great answers, thanks man!
Thanks for the responses, Any way I can help I will be more than happy to when I can

Old 06-29-2012, 05:41 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Ask.A.Dealer.Salesman
Hopefully my responses are helpful and legible sorry if they aren't I'm at work and typing very fast switching screens when my managers walk past.
Oh, the irony... I love it!!!

Nice thread, thanks for the insider tips!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Tnanks for taking your time and putting responses out. Those are seriously so,e good tips.

I told my friend about this thread and he told me to ahistory opinion of his plan. He has a 2011 GTI that he wants to trade for something newer. He said he's currently still paying for the car. He'd like to just go in the dealership and trade it in. Basically they buy the car, he pays it off, and then he gets his new car. However, he's scared that this way, they'll give him a ridiculously low price.

Will it be better to sell the car first instead of waking into a dealership for a trade in? He was also thinking of just selling the car through CarMax as he doesnt really want to deal with private sale. Will this be a better route?

Thanks again for your time.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Tnanks for taking your time and putting responses out. Those are seriously so,e good tips.

I told my friend about this thread and he told me to ahistory opinion of his plan. He has a 2011 GTI that he wants to trade for something newer. He said he's currently still paying for the car. He'd like to just go in the dealership and trade it in. Basically they buy the car, he pays it off, and then he gets his new car. However, he's scared that this way, they'll give him a ridiculously low price.

Will it be better to sell the car first instead of waking into a dealership for a trade in? He was also thinking of just selling the car through CarMax as he doesnt really want to deal with private sale. Will this be a better route?

Thanks again for your time.
He is better off going to CarMax getting the appraisal value and tell them you will be back. then when you go to the dealership where you want to buy your car. let them appraise it like they would be taking it in on trade. after they hit you close to what carmax said or way less. Then show them the carmax certificate, then tell them to match it. that way you get all the money for your car plus the tax saving's when you trade in a car at the dealer you buy the car from. if you go and sell it on your own you don't get the tax savings which can equal alot or equal the amount extra you get by selling it on your own.

Secondally, if we would be trading it in at a dealer his dealership that he purchases his new car at will payoff his car for him which is basically whatever the amount they are giving him on trade. sounds like a 20g-26g car to me trade-in wise i dont know mileage or specs on the 2011 GTI. Hopefully he doesn't owe more than what his car is worth, thats the problem you run into when buying brand new cars and try to get out of 2011 in 2012. only way your are upside down (negative equity) meaning you would need to roll the extra money you owe into the next loan. You intially take that 15-20% depreciation hit when you buy a new car. So unless you put a good amount of money down initially when buying the GTI you might be flipped upside hanging from your pants. or positive equity IDK. find out what his payoff is through his bank, take it carmax get that appraisal, find the car you want at a dealership and work the magic suggested above. thats how i bought my audi recently. got 5,500 for a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally with 96k manual (that amount is including the tax savings).

If you are unclear on tax savings work when you trade a car in at a dealer vs. selling on your own let me know i will explain.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Senior Administrator

AADS, I eHop that ain't YOU in your profile pic... No fookN way I'd buy ANYthing from anybody who looks like THAT!

I'm jus sayin'.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
AADS, I eHop that ain't YOU in your profile pic... No fookN way I'd buy ANYthing from anybody who looks like THAT!

I'm jus sayin'.
hahaha no thats not me, just thought it would be funny. I'm a striking young lad as I've been told by my female customers (make money and get dates with single cougars/college girls) I love my job

Old 07-07-2012, 10:58 PM
1st Gear
Default A8w12 2008. Hot air out left vent

I get hot air out of left air vent between 65-72 degrees. All other vents function fine. The dearlership have told me its the car regulating the temp inside. Very aggravating while driving.

Please help me

JNPT

Old 07-08-2012, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by JNPT
I get hot air out of left air vent between 65-72 degrees. All other vents function fine. The dearlership have told me its the car regulating the temp inside. Very aggravating while driving.

Please help me

JNPT
I am no mechanic so I won't even try and guess what the problem may be with your 2008 A8w12. If you think I'm on the dealerships side, I'm not just some questions that might make you think I am but to get a good idea on this I will need to ask.

When did you buy the A8?
When did you notice the problem with the Air in the left vent being hot?
Did you buy it at a dealership that has a service department?
Who told you that the issue was what you described, the service department or your salesperson?

These are my least favorite issues to address especially after a customer has taken delivery of the car. If the dealer doesn't have a service department and also if they don't have a new car lineup and are strictly a used car store this could be even more difficult to get resolved. The way I would approach it with the dealer would be, I can certainly understand that you guys think it might just be the car's way of regulating the air inside the car. I also understand that you guys check your cars out fully before selling them, and I'm sure you guys do because this is the only problem I have. I would not have bought this car if I knew that out of the left air vent i would be getting hot air when the a/c is on. Have you ever had hot air blow on you when you want A/C on when its 110 degrees outside. If you guys could take it into your service department and have it checked out for me, that would satisfy my need for more service from you guys. Let them talk after that is said. make sure your assertive but also caring. let them think your wife/father/mother friend needs a car soon and, at this time you don't feel inclined to send anybody their way because they sell broken cars. If they tell you they still won't do anything and they stick to their original story continue to tell them that the internet world will know what kind of dealership they are whether it be a cars.com shopper or dealerrater or google or autotrader. I don't want it to go this far but I will take it that far if you guys make me.

let me know what you think, there isn't a lot you can do if they continue to stick to their guns and leave the issue unresolved.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:36 AM
1st Gear

When I recently purchased my used A4 I definitely got the "What can we do to see you drive away with this car TODAY" line. I left and returned the next day and got another $1000 off.

Do sales guys get some kind of bonus for making a sale on first contact?

Quick Reply: Ask A Dealer Salesman