Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Indy dealers

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default Indy dealers

First off, thanks CRAZYHAWK for posting the dealer rating site. Here in Indy we have two dealers. Tom Wood and Speedway Volkswagon. There ratings are -6 and +2 respectively. What a crock, I can't believe a city the size of Indianapolis has that to offer from a dealer standpoint.

Old 09-09-2004, 01:36 AM
2nd Gear
Default Update

I found an outstanding performance shop here in Indianapolis. Euromotorworks. They work on German cars, run a Porsche racing team and do quite a bit of after market modification. Nice shop, nice staff and reasonable prices. That takes a load off my shoulders. For a while there, I thought I was stuck with Tom Wood (the -6 dealership).

Old 11-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Update

Yes, Euro Motorworks, though not exactly inexpensive, does very good work and has the utmost professional staff. I had some control arm work done there a while back. They even give out loaners if they have them available.

Tom Wood is the shittiest Audi dealer I have ever been to - and I have been to quite a few. They disregard Audi much of the time in favor of their Jag and Volvo sales. They have done shoddy maintenance and repair, and their staff has been known to be extremely rude and unfriendly (*uncaring).

They have made attempts in recent months to get better however. They have been in contact with the local North American Audi chapter and we have all expressed out various misgivings about the dealership. We have seen more good experience than bad as of late.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Indy dealers

I find Tom Wood Audi to be the worst dealership with which I have ever dealt and I shopped at many before ordering my 06 S4. I dealt with many dealerships in Indianapolis and surrounding areas, but my problem was that I really only liked the S4 out of the BMWs, Infinitis, and Mercedes that I drove for the $50-60,000 range. The sales people are rude, condescending, and act as if they are doing you a favor by even talking to you. I went to Tom Wood Audi in scrubs and the salesperson showed me an '05 S4 and let me drive it reluctantly, but made damn sure that I knew that he would rather being doing almost anything else. He referred to the car as, "top of the line A4", was very uncomplimenting of the car, and very nonchalant. His arrogance persuaded me to locate another dealer. He didn't really seem to know anything about the car either.

Consequently, I went to Lafayette, IN, where I graduated from Purdue University and dealt with Mike Raisor Imports instead. I felt like a more valued and respected customer at Raisor and plan on continuing to do business withthem in the future. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an Audi who values customer service. Their downfall is that they don't have very many on the lot, but you can always drive the car first at Tom Wood, then buy at Raisor. They will also be more likely to work on price, since they don't move as many vehicles.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Indy dealers

I want to add to this thread, expressing my displeasure with Tom Wood, and praising
Royal Motors in Bloomington. I have bought two Audis from them, and they are
great. I have nothing but praise, with no issues, for the dealership.

Ask for Vadim Morozov, my salesperson. He's great.

Again, Royal Motors (on the east side of town) in Btown. Only an hour from the evil
Tom Wood. They also sell VW, Subaru, and Nissan.

Stan Wasserman