Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

McDonald Audi

Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: McDonald Audi

hmmmm, never heard of them. I made the mistake of going to one of these "brokers" and getting a warranty, under the understanding that you could cancel it at anytime. Then after having work done that wasn't covered (suprise suprise) I tried to cancel....at signing, the dealership printed a very light shade of ink that said "non-cancelable"...never even saw it....I got f-ed! Anyway, my advice would be to find a "certified used" at the dealership (Prestige first, then McDondald). It may be a few thousand more than other used cars, but you'll save money in the end-

Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM
1st Gear

Follow-up after owning the A4 purchased from McDonald Audi for 1 year.

I bought my 2007 Audi A4 Avant Quattro from McDonald Audi and it was just an aweful experience. I asked the salesman if the body style is changing for 2008. He tells me no it is not and will not for at least 3 years. Wow, what a change from 2007 to 2008. I would have waited a few months.

I also purchased Audi Care for an additional $590. Well guess what, they had an online coupon for free Audi Care if you buy your car and the salesman nor the finance guyoffer that to me. I even called them after going home to see if they would honor it and they said no, sorry the deal is done.

I also own a 2006 Audi A3. Both cars have Audi care on it. I do not put that many miles on the cars because I telecommute 3 days a week and live close to work. They refuse to change the oil until it has hit 5,000 - 15,000 and 25,000 miles. My A3 has 21,000 miles and they want to charge me although it has been a year now.

They also make it very difficult to get your car serviced. I have never been provided with a loaner because they are "out". They have even promised me a free rental car because I complained. After having everything lined up for my next service, they did not have a car for me but offered to call a rental car company to come pick me up at MY expense. They have only a 7:30 AM shuttle to take you to work but no pick up. How do you get your car back? A cab?

Any Nissan or Honda dealership would have free shuttles throughout the day. I wished I would have kept my Nissan Murano.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
1st Gear

I'm sorry to hear your having so much trouble with McDonald! I could give you my sob story from their service dept. too. Bottom line....they don't know anything about the type of car they "specialize" in and they are horribly overpriced! I will never...I mean NEVER let my car in their uncapable hands again!

I only allow one place to service my Audi now....Autobahn Premiere Service in Englewood. Great bunch of guys....honest and impecable repair/maintenance. They respond best to email (randy@autobahnpremiereservice.com)

....one quick story.....McDonald had my car for THREE days trying to find a boost leak.....Todd @ Autobahn hopped in my car and had the problem FIXED in five minutes...end of story-

Old 05-21-2008, 07:20 PM

I've come to the conclusion that neither of the Denver area dealers are worth much. Each time is something different, before our CPO warrenty ran out last fall we took the car to 3Zero3 for a checkup, they found 5 items wrong with the car. Took it to Prestige, they fixed one item and could not duplicate the others. Took it to McDonald 4 days later, they fixed the 3 of the 4 remaining items, also found that our rear brakes were almost shot, and pointed a screwup the an outside shop caused when replacing a CV boot. Like others, now that we are out of warrenty I have started going with the Indy shops: AUtobahn, Avalon, 3Zero3, Werner's Mastertek

Old 05-23-2008, 08:58 AM

I went up to McDonald to inquire about getting an A5 or S5. Lets just say the salesman treated me like I was crap. Was I dressed in a way that showed I could pay cash on the spot, No. But don't judge a book by it's cover. So in the end, I'm going down to Phil Long today to order one!

Old 05-23-2008, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

Everything mentioned here seems to sum up the total audi experience.
AUDI MAKES A GREAT CAR, BUT ALMOST ALL THEIR DEALERS ARE COMPLETE DOUCHEBAGS AND COULDN"T CARE LESS ABOUT YOU ONCE YOU BUY A CAR.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:41 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: coloradoA8

Audi does have great product and I am enjoying the A8L tremendously! I will never ever buy from McDonald automotive again.
I will use Prestige Imports in Denver. They are the 8th out of 274 reviewed Audi dealers and 14th out of all 636 Audi/VW dealers.
Let's compare: McDonald is 262 out of 274 reviewed Audi dealers and 619th out of all Audi/VW dealers. They truly do suck!
Where can I find the review ranking list you mentioned?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Question

Originally Posted by jnikom
Follow-up after owning the A4 purchased from McDonald Audi for 1 year.

I bought my 2007 Audi A4 Avant Quattro from McDonald Audi and it was just an aweful experience. I asked the salesman if the body style is changing for 2008. He tells me no it is not and will not for at least 3 years. Wow, what a change from 2007 to 2008. I would have waited a few months.
What Major differences are there between a 2007 and a 2008 A4? Hardly any. The "New" A4 is a 2009 Model Year. and was not released till september of 08. So i dont know what changes you are talking about.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:24 AM

Wow...a friend of mine got an 09 A4 S-Line special order, and I just purchased a Q7 with no problems these guys were great. Now the place in Motor City that's a group that are ruff. Dealing with these guys was like dealing with Toyota. Sorry to hear you guys had bad experiences. If you're looking I can pass on the name for our sales guy. He hooked us up real good compared to what the others did when we were both looking. By the way bothe A4 and Q are sweet.

Last edited by circusdeath; 05-15-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 PM

interesting, because my experiences with McDonald are great from sales and service. where as i was treated like **** at Prestige Imports.